“Amazing!”

Ranked #7 of 173 Hotels in Bordeaux
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

Beautifull hotel, very well located!

We enjoyed our stay here, very comfortable room with a nice bed.
We will return!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marg112
Guests_relation, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to welcome you to the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us and thank you very much for your wonderful comments.

We all look forward to seeing you back in a not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Bordeaux, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

As a birthday treat my husband booked a suite for us in the Grand Hotel in bordeaux. At 1000 euros a night I was expecting luxury. The suite was fine in terms of quietness and space, but the decoration was a bit tacky. Breakfast in our room at a whopping 40euros each, was terribly disappointing. Cheap breads and jams, no butter dish and a cooked breakfast that was Inedible and unappetising.

The staff were all lovely - hardworking, helpful and unfailing polite. My overall impression- if you are looking for somewhere special in Bordeaux I am sure there are much cheaper hotels of a much higher standard, it was a big disappointment and not worth the money

Room Tip: Try the Best Western which is just around the corner
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank mjm49uk
Guests_relation, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear Mrs. Sallee,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa.

After several exchanges of emails, as you clearly indicated you were ready to write a negative comment on trip advisor if you didn’t get compensation, so, I’m not surprised to read your note on the site.

As I indicated you threw my email, I can perfectly understand the fact you didn’t appreciate the Jacques Garcia’s decoration, I take the opportunity to precise we have been awarded two years in a row by Villégiature awards for the “Best interior design in a hotel in Europe” and “Best hotel ambiance and image in Europe”

For the breakfast, I would like to assure you that the bread is fresh from the morning and we use French jams in the old. As you can see on the others Trip Advisor comments, we have very good feedbacks about our breakfast and I am really sorry if your experience was not similar to the other customers.

Nevertheless, in spite of this bad experience, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your positive comments on our employees who are doing their best to provide the best experience at all our guests.

With my best Regards.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

I have just read the review from Shanagarry and while I am sorry for her I wouldn't like other Irish people to be put off! We had a wonderful overnight stay and found the staff extremely professional and charming.
It is not unusual in France for the WC to be separate from the bathroom and for there not to be a wash-hand basin. I dont remember the layout in our room.
The room was charming-not enormous but gorgeously decorated in a manner in keeping with the style of the Grand. The spa was really nice and the rooftop terrace would be glorious in nice weather.
You could not get a better location in Bordeaux although most of the city centre hotels aren't far away from the Grand. If you are going to be in Bordeaux on the first Sunday of the month enquire beforehand about the €6 tickets for the Sunday morning concert at the Grand Theatre which is just opposite. It lasts about an hour but you get to hear some nice music and see the wonderful interior,
The most memorable part of the stay was when we decided to take the tram to the Prince Noir Restaurant(-it was very good.) The concierge had recommended the Restaurant and he had also told us take a taxi-good advice! I asked him to write down the address of the restaurant in case we got lost. He gave me his card saying: "Madam, if you are lost call me and I will send the car for you"! I thought that was priceless. We didn't get lost (luckily) but I thought that was great service. I would advise the taxi though unless you are very familiar with Bordeaux.
A truly lovely stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anne M
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to welcome you to the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa and we are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us!

Thank you for these wonderful comments and congratulations for our services and the team. I will not fail to congratulate them for their excellent work.

We trust that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Bordeaux in a not too distant future.

Best regards,
all over
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

You pay for what you get, and in this case it is a quality hotel in the heart of the city close to all of the monuments with plush rooms and wonderful beds. The reception and room service staff were pleasant and helpful and the tourist office is a block away for any information you might need.

One thing, the breakfast while an amazing spread, had a bad staff. They couldn't have worked harder at looking busy but no one in the room was getting their coffee or any help. That was the only downfall though, so not too bad.

Wifi works great throughout the hotel. Gym is top of the line and very modern.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank eat_drink_and_sleep
Guests_relation, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa for your last visit in Bordeaux and for taking the time to give us a feedback on your experience.

I feel very concerned to read that you have not been totally satisfied with the service of the Brasserie L’Europe for the breakfast. Would you please accept my sincerest apologies and you can be assured that I personally share your comments with our Food & Beverage Manager that a corrective action will be taken.

Looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa, I remain at your entire disposal.

With all my very best regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon. I informed the gm about the reason for our stay, and upon arrival we had not only received an upgraded room, but a box of canneles (local sweets of Bordeaux) and a hand written congratulations from him. What a super touch!. Our room was overlooking the opera house, and was decent size, and Clean!! The hotel is in the perfect spot, right in the city center, and the concierge services were just great. They helped us set up some amazing excursions with private winery tours and free wine tastings. The whole staff was very knowledgeable and eager to help. The hotel has a grand feel to it, something out of an older movie. It may not be as modern as a ritz or four seasons, but If we ever make it back to Bordeaux this is definitely where we would stay.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank thezman74
Guests_relation, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words following to you recent visit at the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back and remain at your entire disposal for any further assistance.

Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We spent 5 nights in the hotel on our honeymoon. We informed them twice that it was our honeymoon and expected a nice room, or maybe some recognition of same. Neither was received. We were informed that we had an upgrade, but the room was small and not of a good standard for 5 star. The toilet and bathroom were at different sides of the room. There was no sink with the stand alone toilet. We stayed during the week in off season, my husband asked very nicely if they would upgrade us for our final night. He was given a swift no and reminded of our 'upgrade'. We then received a 'formal letter' under our hotel door from the Manager would had never come out to talk to my husband. It was cold and formal, exactly what you would expect from this hotel. It stated that they had not been informed which was not true. It did indicate that the additional cost to use their spa (basic facilities), 30 euro pp would be taken off the bill. We paid a huge amount to stay in the hotel so we had felt this additional charge was excessive originally. When we went to check out, the spa charge was still on our bill. We explained that this was to be taken off the bill, the lady at the desk refused to do so until we produced the letter. So in the lobby, we had to open up our suitcases and look for it. Only for the sheer point of it, I eventually pulled the letter out. No apology, same cold, faceless service. If you like a hotel with friendly management and a positive customer service attitude, I would strongly recommend not staying here. We have stayed in many great 5 star hotels, and this one isn't at the same standard in any area.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
17 Thank Shanagarry
Dear Guest,

I feel sorry to learn that your experience did not live up to your expectations.
I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve the highest level of service and I truly regret we fell short of our goal with you.

I remain at your entire disposal for any assistance you might need and assure you in advance of our best care and attention.

Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

The Grand is THE choice for a stay in Bordeaux city center. The staff are very friendly and helpful and our stay has been the best we could have expected. From the minute you arrive, the infused aroma is relaxing and luxurious. The breakfast buffet is very nice and the rooms are very comfortable and well equipped. I read on other reviews the complaint of the parking fee. If you park in the public parking a few blocks away, you only save 10 euros a night, so it is not such a bad deal for the valet service and convenience. We will return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family