“Well appointed, quiet and comfortable hotel in a great location”

InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel
Ranked #8 of 173 Hotels in Bordeaux
Austin, Texas
“Well appointed, quiet and comfortable hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I had the pleasure of spending 2 nights at the Regent Grand Hotel during the Tour de France. Despite the crowds in the city, this hotel was an oasis that was a peaceful respite to the action outside. The front desk staff ahndled check-in perfectly and I was able to get to my beautifully appointed room in a rapid manner.
The flat screen TV, numerous English TV channels and free wi-fi made it easy to stay in touch with the outside world. I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
SURREY
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We picked this hotel as a group of us were attending a party at the Opera House which is opposite. The check in process was very efficient, staff were friendly and informative, one negative is that it was a really hot day and the lobby has no aircon.

We went atraight to lunch on the terrace, where we found the staff, food and wine all excellent and pricing fair for a 5 * hotel.

Rooms were clean, spacious and well appointed with great bathrooms and TV, however the rooms are extremely dark, fine at night but a bit gloomy during the day.

Overall well worth it and being placed right in the centre of town a perfect base for exploring this beautiful city. We were there for four days and unfortunately the last day was spoilt as a huge Chinese government trade delegation arrived, which we were not warned about and the place was turned in to a fortress, barriers, CCTV, security guards everywhere,

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Hotel is hugely overpriced for the quality of the rooms. Room was small, insufficient closet space, and the climate controls worked poorly or, at times, didn't seem to work at all. Even though it was cool outside, our room was a sauna and the window was non-opening. The halls were unbearably hot also. At times the elevators were not available... not sure if they were overloaded or not working. Had a pool but was not open when we were there.
Full breakfast was very good (and included with our room package via AmExp).
Staff seemed friendly and helpful.
Location is central to old city and waterfront. Lots of good restaurants in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ali2Raleigh_NC
relationclientele, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2010
Dear Sir,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenient encounted during your last visit to the Rgent Grand Hotel Bordeaux.The room you booked was a superieur room, those are small and do not have enough closet space. We do have some other rooms ( deluxe rooms & suites) which are very comfortable. For your next visit, I will ensure that you will have a nice room with airconditioning working properly. Effectively we do not have yet Spa, it is under going construction, it should be ready by the end of this year, however our concierge team are very efficient advising some other luxury spa to Bordeaux city.

Please send me your name booking and the room you were in so I can update your profil.

I would like to thank you for your kind compliments to our staff member, this will encourage them to provide all the time a best level of service.

Kind Regards
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 July 2010

We have spent one night and got upgraded thanks to the AX fine hotels programme into a junior suite.The hotel has recently been re-decorated,but you have to like the very rich old british style.
The rooms are small,dark and the layout a bit complicated.Our air conditioning was not working so the staff was very apologetic about it and offered us free parking instead. We really liked the location,ideal for city sight seeing and the opera house is just in front of the hotel.The gourmet restaurant offers the best table in Bordeaux and the Chef is very enthousiastic and charming!

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Regent Grand Hotel Bordeaux. You can be assured that I took good notes of those which always help us to improve our services.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, but I was really sorry to read about problems you encountered with Air Conditioning in your room. I understood that despite the upgrade to the next category of room, you did not like the lay out of room unfortenately this is issue building .

Would you please accept my sincerest apologies and you can be assured that your comments have been passed on so that corrective actions can be taken.

Looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Regent Grand Hotel Bordeaux, I remain at your entire disposal,

With all my very best regards,

Calgary
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We stayed four nights here, and the location is great. The service for the most part was extraordinary, especially the concierge. The service in the lounge was a bit slow. We found our room, which looked out on a small courtyard (inaccessible), to be somewhat dark, but well appointed. Obviously renovated, this is an attractive hotel with excellent management.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay to the Regent Grand Hotel Bordeaux . I took a note of the room you had and I will ensure for the next visit to offer a better room with view; for that, I would like to have your name booking and the room you were in to be able to find your profile.
I will certainely passed your kind comment to our concierge team, this will encourage them to offer an oustanding service to all our guets.

Best Regards
San Diego, California
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Appaling! Maid moved all my personal belongings before I had checked out – despite the “Do not disturb” sign being on the door. Tiny rooms, very little space for placing personal items, poor shower set-up, some rude, argumentative and inattentive staff, inadequate climate control in public areas. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
relationclientele, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2010
Dear Sir,
We would like to apologize for the bad experience you have experienced during your stay to The Regent Grand Hotel Bordeaux. I have been trying to get in touch with you since your last visit, I called several times American Express as it is your Travel Agent but no success.
I would like to inform you that corrective actions were taken immediatly after we received your comments.

We do hope to welcome you again the The Regent Grand Hotel Bordeaux

Warm Regards
Haida Guest Relations Manager
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Beautiful 'Grand Hotel' in the city of Bordeaux. Close to many restaurants & shops. Very helpfull and professional staff. We had a nice room with a view on the operahouse. Breakfastbuffet was very good!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Matthew,

We really appreciated your nice comments toward our service.
I will certainly share your kind compliments with our staff members. This will no doubt encourage them to redouble their efforts in providing service excellence to our guests.

Looking forward to welcome you again to the Regent Grand Hotel Bordeaux.