Appart'City Bordeaux Centre
US$346
US$278
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bordeaux Le Lac(Bordeaux)(Great Value!)
US$117
ibis
US$232
Elvoline
Yndohotel(Bordeaux)
US$613
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Not 5 star by any means but more than adequate for un-fussy traveller. On a budget or just want a good deal this is the place. More than adequate for a weekend. Tram ride away from the centre, walk away from the rugby stadium, some good restaurants nearby or even cook for yourself.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Reception staff were helpful and were fluent in English and Spanish and French of course. The room was basic but not expensive. Location was poor in relation to the centre of Bordeaux, a tram ride was 4 stops. The tram station was a short walk from this hotel. Walking to the centre would be about 40 minutes. The nights sleep was interrupted by a lot of traffic noise, in particular police sirens.

Breakfast was very poor. No room to move due to other guests in a very small room. One croissant left when we arrived for breakfast, and that was it. When the croissants are gone they are gone. Three pieces of cold ham available and they had run out of orange juice. The two young people who were organising breakfast did not have the experience to make the first meal of the day enjoyable.

Would not stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The staff seemed friendly enough at first, that is, as we checked in. We stayed four days, and the staff was never helpful, often rude, and incompetent.

We were surprised on the third day when we asked about fresh towels and toilet paper for the second time (there had only been half a roll and it had run out). We were told that until after you stay an entire week your room is not cleaned or restocked by a maid. We were charged for two fresh towels. Also, after we checked in and showered we noticed that the body wash in the shower was empty, I told reception but it was never replaced while we were there.

The Wi-Fi doesn't work 10ft past the reception desk and when we rented a wifi box for our room we were given incorrect instructions on how to set it up and were unable to use it for the first day we had it.

We called two times from our room to extend our stay an additional night, only to be called in the morning and told we were late checking out and they had no notes of our call to extend.

One such morning, after telling them that I had already extended my stay, the girl said I needed to come to the desk and re-sign the agreement. I went down and was told that the rate had gone up 50% for the night. She said it was because that, morning before I'd come down, a lot of people had rented rooms and the hotel was almost full, so my rate had gone up. All this, even though I had reserved my room the night before and been told my rate would be the same.

The next day, they did the same thing, but this time when I went to the desk they rudely said they wouldn't accept my credit card. I explained that it was the same card that they had accepted all week, and they said "Fine, we'll let you stay one more night but you have to leave tomorrow." I was happy to go, honestly. Ended up at a hotel that was 1000x better.

My room STANK, badly of cigarettes, which I told them, and they said there was nothing they could do about it. It was overpowering, honestly, I'm a smoker and it was unbearable even to me.

The cups and dishes in the kitchen didn't match the list of what should be there and I was afraid that I'd be charged for the missing stuff.

The walls, doors, and carpets were all dirty.

They advertise as having a laundry room, which they do, but its useless. The dryer was broken the entire week I was there, and looked to have been for a long time. The cost for laundry is about 5 eu for wash and 5 eu for drying, but that didn't matter since I couldn't use them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
2  Thank Noel B
Reviewed 14 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel in September 2013. Having stayed in apartment hotels before, it was very disappointing. First the hotel said that our reservation was not pre-paid even though we booked and paid for it upfront on Expedia. The reception is not open all night, so make sure that you arrange with them how to collect the keys if you arrive late. The internet was not working the 1st day and fortunately was repaired during our stay. The room was small and the sofa bed was uncomfortable and creaked whenever we moved. Our room overlooked the main road and it was noisy at night (sirens and traffic). The condition of the room and the bathroom was not great and could have been cleaner. We stayed 4 nights and they did not clean the room or change our towels. Also they charge you to leave your bags in the cloakroom after you have checked out. The location is ok. About 20-30 minutes walk from the centre, but very far to walk to the train station (45 - 60 minutes).

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face the main road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple