“Great food, even better service and really best value wines!”
Review of Chai Les Copains

Chai Les Copains
Reserve with
Chai Les Copains is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 2,793 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Very cozy local place with great owners that do a lot by themselves.
Food was amazingly tasty and guys have a very good selection of wines.
We even took some with ourselves back home.
The service is beyond expectations.
Highly recommended!

1  Thank Maksym S

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We were back in the city after two days in the Medoc to visit the Cite du Vin museum and found this local bistro nearby on Trip Advisor. One of the best burgers I remember having, served on what tasted like a brioche bun with cheese, onion confit and a roasted tomato sauce. The fries were really good as was our shared starter of baby squid ala plancha and my partner's entrecote steak. With four generous glasses of wine the bill was just 75 Euro. And with Pierre's graceful service they are definately getting a 5 star recommendation from me.

1  Thank davidsS5375PR
Reviewed 5 June 2018

'Le coin des copains' is a typical small local bistro in Les Chartrons where our apartment is located. We normally seek out local fare as opposed to touristy places where prices are normally higher that the small 'bistro de quartier'. It was a nice evening in Bordeaux and many people were out on terraces enjoying their meal. The restaurant was fully booked and buzzing with activity. The waiter apologized for not being able to accommodate us but when my husband said we would be willing to sit inside, he gave us a table that had a reservation on it a little later in the evening which suited us perfectly. The menu was succinct but varied and every dish was carefully prepared with fresh ingredients. The wines we wanted were not available, but the waiter was happy to have us taste any wine we wanted to try until we were completely satisfied that we had the perfect wine to accompany our meal. My husband had the 'cochon' and I the veal rib. Both were cooked to perfection and tasty. My sauce was a creamy roquefort assemblage and my husband had a velvety honey dijon dip and both sauces accompanied the respective meats to a tea. We both had a tasty portion of ratatouille but not the mushy, soggy, kind... absolutely fab!

I had frites which were hot, golden and crispy and my husband had a 'petite casserole' of dauphinois that were beyond yummy!

All in all 'une bonne adresse de quartier' and definitely worth going out of your way for!

1  Thank shawnmontreal
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I tried one of their big salad with gambas, prepared with an Asian twist (peanuts, basil, soya) and it was really big and tasty. I really appreciate when my meal comes with little added fat (no oil or very little) and instead different tastes appear with subtlety. And for dessert I had the brioche (cooked like french toast served with ice cream, whipped cream and caramel sauce) which is pure gluttony and guilt... it’s looks so simple but sometimes there is no need to elaborate. It was magnificent. Prices were not cheap but very reasonable in my opinion for such a quality meal served in big portions and service was very nice and friendly!
The place is small, but more options with the terrasse in good weather. In any case go there early or book. I recommend it highly after this first visit!!!

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Very small space and tables (accommodates less than 20 people inside), definitely better to book in advance! Limited menu but the food is obviously freshly prepared and everything we had was delicious. Very friendly service and good value - would certainly recommend.