“Don't understand the overwhelmingly negative reviews...”
Review of Vishnu - CLOSED

Vishnu
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2013

In the face of previous reviews I went to this restaurant somewhat reluctantly as my husband, an Indian food addict, was craving for his fix.
I was pleasantly surprised and glad that we gave it a go. The younger waiter was a bit shy but professional and courteous. We ordered lassi au nature by mistake but they immediately offered to bring the right one (mango lassi) when they realized we had made a mistake.
The food was a bit different, stronger flavors, and yes, the chicken korma came with bones, but so what ? Indian food is not the same everywhere, and what matters is that it was tasty, at least for us. My husband was happy with his vegetarian choice and prices were about half of what they are in Paris.
In conclusion, we enjoyed our meal, the reasonable price (about 30 euros with drinks) and the service as well. As we are now living here we will be making this place a regular stop and making use of their take out service

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Service was poor, the one server was surly. Food was not what we ordered and I've never had chicken korma with bones before ! It tasted dreadful. Sadly the other Indian in the town called to mahal s just as bad, stay clear of both is my advice.

2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Ugh.

How can you take something as simple as daal and make it nauseatingly awful. It takes skill to make it so bad.

What an experience. We walked in to see the waiter dolefully skulking behind the bar. He took our order mournfully, and when I asked him whether the paneer in the palak paneer was actually paneer, he confirmed it was in funereal tones. Of course it wasn't and when I asked him about it at the end of the meal, a smile broke out for the first time as he said, "fromage." Yeah buddy, I know fromage, but that is NOT paneer. Gross.

The food tasted terrible, gave us a stomach upset afterwards, and we paid 54 euros for the wholly atrocious experience. WHY is this place still in business.

2  Thank NewYorkTravelbug25
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This is a restaurant where the rude and unhelpful Waiter thinks it is OK to pick his nose in front of the customers and where your meal will be accompanied by the local fly population. If this had been a London restaurant I would have informed the Local Authority and walked out without paying, instead I am warning you. The meal itself defied description and was only suitable for vomiting.

The lesson from this is not to go to Biarritz and eat Indian cuisine; eat the French food and leave this tragedy to the locals

3  Thank julianeagle
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Tried this reastaurant on our second night in Biarritz. It looked smart from outside & on entering the dining room was quite OK. Nice plates with butterflies but from then onwards it was a let down. The food took a long time to come and was amazingly salty for both the starters and the main course. Did not venture desserts. Just one waiter who did not appear to be very happy but accepted our criticism regarding the salt without comment. Restaurant has a good location and a sign on the window indicated new ownership. Would hesitate to return in immediate future.