“Restaurant review”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Restaurant review”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We have dined in this place a few times in the pass but yesterday was the worse meal we've had.Very disappointing indeed for the chef's standard. The leek with pasta was over cooked though the flavour was good. The squid was done well but the chorizo and risotto that accompanied it was really much too salty. The sea bass was fine but the vegs.that came with it was also over cooked, the creamy sauce was bland and did not add anything except to moisten the dish. If we were not with my daughter's 2 friends I would have made a fuss as our previous experience did not match or even came close that night. Would we go back again? I would be very hesitant (a pity) too many places too good to miss around this beautiful Basque region.

1 Thank Yolanda G

Onset, Massachusetts, United States
“OMG”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were tired and a little cranky from a day at the beach and couldn't decide where to eat, and it was past 3 so many places are not still serving lunch. We were welcomed in and ate the dish of the day with red sangria. The waitress, who may have been the owner, was so lovely and kind. The sangria was insanely good. The fruit was soaked in the wine over night and was delicious. True. Good. Sangria. I could not even describe the food to you. Sweet salty savory all in one. I was completely full and begging for more.
It was so good we came back for dinner that same night (our last night), again welcomed by the same woman, who recognized us. Once more, the food was unbelievable. We had foie grah for the appetizer and I nearly melted it was so good. I had chicken with mango chutney while my girlfriend had shrimp. We kept reading off of each other's plates, but not wanting to give up our own.
For the love of god. EAT HERE. You will not regret it.
10/10 would eat here again.

Steinwenden, Germany
“What a great cuisine...”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel and I'm very grateful to them because of that. The Chef is a real artist, the service is close to perfection and from the starters to the dessert everything was wonderful...

Visited July 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Good food in a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very friendly service but with limited skills in english. The food was very tasty and beautiful presented so really an ejoyable meal. Be careful with the Peach melba that's to far from an original one :-) but an interesting attempt.

• Visited July 2014
Pointe Noire, Republic of the Congo
“A cut above the norm...”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Quality, refined restaurant offering a beautiful meal - excellent service and very well presented meal (essentially salt crusted foie-gras, suckling pig, chocolate and raspberry mousse) in a good location in the Old Port. Was there on a quiet wet night in May, but despite being an off night, the experience was one to remember - many thanks and recommended for couples for a classy, well-executed dining experience. We'll be back to try the tasting menu!

Visited May 2014