“Great location and rooms, Few things to improve”

Mercure Biarritz Centre Plaza
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Biarritz
Beijing, China
“Great location and rooms, Few things to improve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

Small car park. Poor service from the breakfast team, in addition orange juice is from supermarket. So I recommend to have it at the Casino bar (same price, better quality and smiling people). Otherwise very convenient and Nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank alex_bistes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Finnish first
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I made a mistake on hotels.com and booked the wrong dates for this hotel (29th Sep-1st October) when I should have booked 29th August-Friday 31st August). I spoke to Mr Chrisophe Dumas, the Manager but he won't let me change to my correct dates as the rate I booked was inflexible. This is in spite of the fact that they have availability and I'm prepared to pay more if my correct dates cost more.

I should not have made the mistake of booking the incorrect dates but am so disappointed that Mr Dumas could not be reasonable and allow me to change (at any additional cost)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed here for two night at the beginning of our holiday. It was €200 per night for a lovely sea view room. Check in was efficient although they didnt have much English. The hotel is art deco style and so may be considered dated for some people. Our room was nice with a comfy bed and a nice spacious bathroom. The view was fab as it was located just across the street from the casino. Breakfast was just ok - it was served until 11 am but when I got there the first morning at 10.40 everything was gone :-( We skipped it the second morning. It has a handy car park just beside it so you dont have to drag your bags through a car park. It was cheaper than the hotel cafe de paris where we also stayed but the room was smaller and less modern. Overall it was a nice clean hotel and centrally located. I would recommend it and would probably stay here again. :-)

Bridgewater, NS, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We spent 3 days at this hotel in Biarritz last week. We had a room on the 4th floor with an ocean view and 2 large windows which opened to a stunning view of the beach. In fact all rooms have either a full or partial ocean view but you must ask as there is a price difference. The hotel is only steps away from the beach and a wide variety of restaurants and shopping. The staff were extremely helpful and were more than willing to recommend restaurants and make reservations. The room itself was modern with a well equipped bathroom and a very comfortable bed. As with any hotel right in the middle of a resort town, it does remain noisy at night if you keep the windows open, but one can shut them and turn on the air conditioning.The room was large and actually had a separate inside door to give more privacy. The breakfast was typically continental, but very substantial. We felt that it was very good value for the price.

Ridgefield, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

I am incredibly pleased with my stay in the Mercure Biarritz. I'm surprised that it is ranked near 20 out of 70 hotels. I have stayed in hotels with much better reputations and been less pleased. It has an ideal location, very friendly and helpful staff and nicely updated rooms. Our room was quite large with a beautiful view of the sea. The hotel staff loaned us a power converter and happily opened a bottle of wine for us to bring to our room since we forgot an opener and lost our power adapter. There are definitely more elegant looking hotels on the exterior and prettier lobbies, but I do not think you would be disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a sea view room
1 Thank katey e
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Being my first time in Biarritz, I was worried that the hotel would be away from the beach cause the whole town was absolutely booked. I needed 4 rooms and Mercure was the option and I am glad it was. Yes its an older property but it looks like it was recently remodeled with very nice and comfy furniture to accompany the stunning view from the 4 windows we had in each room looking over the ocean. The rooms we very good in size and really clean. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay pleasurable and guided us through town with smiles on their faces. They spoke very good English which made our life easy. Room service was actually great and food quality was excellent compared to restaurants in town that I was surprised to find it below average. Location is just perfect and across the street you just take few steps down to the beach and casino. I am really please and will come again for sure. One more tip, if you are traveling by bus then you made a correct choice by getting Mercure casue the bus stop is just around the corner from the hotel and next to the tourism office.

Room Tip: seaview room is a must to enjoy this property
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family