Hotel Florida Biarritz
US$145
US$262
US$201
  • Pool
Hotel Escale Oceania Biarritz(Biarritz)(Great Value!)
US$126
Travelocity
Hotel du Palais(Biarritz)
US$1,605
US$1,550
All reviewsgreat locationan underground car parkold portvery nice hotelrecommend this hotelfranceinternetbalconiesfrenchterrace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2011

A great hotel with a nice position, extremely close to beach and city center. Above the Saint Eugene parking.

Room Tip: front view of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank primuldak
Reviewed 13 November 2010

The Florida is really central and I have stayed in the sea view rooms with balcony and also in the ats.
The sea view rooms are modern and basic but I am out quite a lot although I did use the balcony because in the summer they have live bands in the square so the view is an added bonus and the room was Sound proof and the bed was ok but a little firm for me.

The apartment: Really lovely and had everything I needed and tucked away around the back of the hotel..The only downsidis the rooms don't have double glazing and the morning noise woke me up around 6am each day! The bed was huge and one of the most comfortable beds i have ever slept in!! The staff are really lovely and english speaking and so helpful..! I would stay again because of the location.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2010

My husband and I had a great stay here in early Sept 2010. The location overlooking the square and with views out to sea was terrific. I felt it was well worth paying the extra for sea views and a balcony.
Everywhere within Biarritz is within walking distance so a car is not necessary. There is a good local bus service to explore the area. We got a taxi from the airport to the hotel and it cost us 17 euros one way and 12 euros back!
We felt the hotel breakfasts were a little pricy at 12 euros per person so decided to eat at a small cafe/bar on the square which did breakfasts for 6.50 euros. It was much more fun to sit out at the cafe and watch the world going by whilst we ate breakfast than sitting in a hotel breakfast room.
My only negative comment about the hotel is that the rooms are very small and the bathrooms are tiny. But apart from that I felt it was a great hotel and the location made up for the small rooms. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Calmcglaughlin
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I stayed here with my husband and daughter for 3 nights. This is so central and entertaining sitting out on the balcony overlooking the square. My daughter had a slat foldaway bed and she ended up putting the mattress on the floor. WIFI is available in the lobby which is always a plus. We found this hotel hard to get to with Biarritz's one way streets and ring roads around the coast and we had a GPS. Do your homework on directions. Underground parking is available for 14 euro a day very close to the hotel but you can ask for a hotel card at the front desk and this is 11 euro a day.
Don't use the coast roads to travel to nearby beaches as the traffic crawls!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We stayed in this hotel, which is near the beach for 5 days. The rooms were relatively clean; however, the rooms had bedbugs. My partner and I were covered with bedbug bites (swollen red bites) all over our bodies. Not only has our vacation been ruined, but my partner and I are currently dealing with the consequences of the bites: medication, chest x-ray and viral culture swap.
The hotel staffs denied any existence of these bedbugs and have refused us any compensation. The booking agency has offered to refund us 30% after seeing photo and medical evidence. I believe that it is not fair to other guests to go through the same ordeal, especially if they have young children. My best advice: Stay away!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple