“A little gem...”

Cuisines: Diner, French
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We tried Le Sen's based on the other food reviews on Tripadvisor and it was one of the best meals we've had for some time. This gifted chef who produces such imaginative dishes using locally sourced produce and his English wife who fronts the restaurant so efficiently deserve every bit of their success. The restaurant is tiny - seating only 16 inside - so booking is a must, and the menu quite small in terms of choices, but that is a positive as everything is planned and cooked to perfection.

My starter of white Landes asparagus with a soft-boiled egg was supreme and I also had the lamb which was delicious. Throughout the meal the proprietress was helpful in her wine knowledge and suggestions and when our bottle of red was decanted into a (very) large wine glass it attracted some admiring glances! Everything we had was great. We would certainly go again and wish this young hard-working couple every success.

1  Thank Anne D
There are newer reviews for Le SEn'S

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Really lovely little restaurant. Absolutely recommend it.
Tables outside and in.
Lovely atmosphere, friendly, and the proprietors obviously care about the food, the clients, the entire presentation, and the ambience. Made to feel very welcome, even though I arrived more than 20 minutes early!
Starter was beautifully cooked white asparagus.
Main was perfect lamb with beautiful seasonal veg and excellent sweetbreads in a light crunchy batter. And the basket of bread was the best I'd had since arriving!
Thank you both! I'll be back :)

1  Thank UsuallySunny
Reviewed 23 April 2014

To run a restaurant with only 16 seats is courageous but this little gem hits the bull's eye. Chosen because of the good reviews in tripadvisor and because it was the nearest to our hotel, it turned out to be a real "find". Staffed by just the two owners, the service is superb and the cuisine is of the highest order. We wanted the Monkfish but could not bear the thought of yet another cassoulet, albeit a deconstructed one, but the server said the chef would make something else to accompany the fish, and he did and it was great. The desserts were among the best we could remember, especially the "tarte au citron: deconstructed, the filling contained in a sphere of lemon flavoured merangue. A really good meal in a really friendly and intimate ambience. Definitely worth a try if you are in Biarritz.

1  Thank TatsfieldPoole
Reviewed 14 March 2014

A very good experience. A cosy warm atmosphère with very friendly service. Thé food was superbe. Thé chef can certainly pût together some lovey dishes made with seasonal produce. A fine Dinning experience!

1  Thank Simon M
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We dined in this restaurant when we stayed for one night in Biarritz. We made our choice based on the positive Tripadvisor reviews. Besides, the restaurant was conveniently located just a few hundred meters from our hotel and it looked quite nice from the street – an attractive little establishment with no more than a dozen tables inside. We were fully satisfied. The hostess was very welcoming and attentive, and she spoke English. The cuisine was inventive and delicious. Although the portions were not big, we left the restaurant satiated. I have to admit, however, that someone really hungry could possibly feel somewhat unsatisfied. My hors d’oeuvre was a little austere (I took a marinated wing of a skate) but nice, and my wife fully enjoyed here calamari. The main courses were very good (I ate red mullet and my wife had lamb cooked with herbs) as well as the dessert (we shared a bar of chocolate with candied grapefruit and nuts). This is not a place to go out with kids (ours would certainly have not appreciated the cuisine) but it’s an excellent place for a quiet dinner for two.

1  Thank Sergey D