“Very romantic place”

Cuisines: Diner, French
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My friend and I went there for a dinner. Very cozy, small place. Nice and attentive service, great food worth a Michelin star!

1  Thank Marina_Ivashina

Reviewed 22 June 2014

May 2014. Booked table - choice based on Trip Advisor Reviews . No one else in restaurant so ambiance was muted . I had Duck tartare , fillet steak with asparagus , 3/4 bottle of red wine in carafe and a large Cognac. My partner had 3 courses , coffee and a carafe of white . All the food was very tasty and beautifully presented . My asparagus was outstanding - best I have ever tasted and I have eaten it many many times . The fillet steak was perfectly cooked . Her sweet was a masterpiece of presentation and taste . Courses were served promptly . The waitress is English and helpful and friendly . The bill was E150 . As a special treat it is well worthwhile but I consider it quite expensive .

1  Thank bobessonl
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We tried Le Sen's based on the other food reviews on Tripadvisor and it was one of the best meals we've had for some time. This gifted chef who produces such imaginative dishes using locally sourced produce and his English wife who fronts the restaurant so efficiently deserve every bit of their success. The restaurant is tiny - seating only 16 inside - so booking is a must, and the menu quite small in terms of choices, but that is a positive as everything is planned and cooked to perfection.

My starter of white Landes asparagus with a soft-boiled egg was supreme and I also had the lamb which was delicious. Throughout the meal the proprietress was helpful in her wine knowledge and suggestions and when our bottle of red was decanted into a (very) large wine glass it attracted some admiring glances! Everything we had was great. We would certainly go again and wish this young hard-working couple every success.

1  Thank Anne D
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Really lovely little restaurant. Absolutely recommend it.
Tables outside and in.
Lovely atmosphere, friendly, and the proprietors obviously care about the food, the clients, the entire presentation, and the ambience. Made to feel very welcome, even though I arrived more than 20 minutes early!
Starter was beautifully cooked white asparagus.
Main was perfect lamb with beautiful seasonal veg and excellent sweetbreads in a light crunchy batter. And the basket of bread was the best I'd had since arriving!
Thank you both! I'll be back :)

1  Thank UsuallySunny
Reviewed 23 April 2014

To run a restaurant with only 16 seats is courageous but this little gem hits the bull's eye. Chosen because of the good reviews in tripadvisor and because it was the nearest to our hotel, it turned out to be a real "find". Staffed by just the two owners, the service is superb and the cuisine is of the highest order. We wanted the Monkfish but could not bear the thought of yet another cassoulet, albeit a deconstructed one, but the server said the chef would make something else to accompany the fish, and he did and it was great. The desserts were among the best we could remember, especially the "tarte au citron: deconstructed, the filling contained in a sphere of lemon flavoured merangue. A really good meal in a really friendly and intimate ambience. Definitely worth a try if you are in Biarritz.

1  Thank TatsfieldPoole