“Raw Fish Ecstasy”

Saline Ceviche Bar
Ranked #18 of 370 Restaurants in Biarritz
Price range: US$18 - US$41
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: El ceviche is a speciality from the pacific coast of south america (peru ) this is a raw fish base marinated in the lime juice and thus " cooked " by acidity of lime . This dish is served cold . Our cuisine is inspired peruvian but also south american caribbean and asia . All our products are daily fresh and worked on site , we are supplied every morning to ensure perfect quality . Some dishes can be unavailable or modified as our arrivals . Here's all homemade !! Saline team .
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Loved all the entrees and plats, but they are really pricy for what you get. I was in ceviche withdrawal so I didn't care. Perhaps due to the fact that this resto is in the heart of the tourist-trap area. The ceviches were simply superb with regard to the taste, texture, and presentation, but the resto is a bit stingy on the quantity, especially for the price point (18€). I basically got an appetizer size meal.

1  Thank SavortheFlavour

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

A small, very cosy dining room, a few small tables and a big central desk make for a very homey and social ambient. The small home style open kitchen magnifies the feeling and the good service complete the picture. The menu offers four starters (salads and fish carpaccio) and five choices of ceviche (a typical south American / Asian style of marinating raw fish in usually lemon, before adding spices or sauces...). The two salads and the Tahitian ceviche I had were superb. The accompanying rice was so tasty too.. Seeing them prepared under my eyes in the open kitchen added an extra layer of flavour. Just a few more food options would earn this beautiful social dining eatery my 5th star. Not to be missed if you like raw fish...

1  Thank Matteo-Martina E
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Me and my friends keep coming here all the time and are still surprised every time how incredible delicious the food is. It's fresh, yummy, exotic, healthy... The menu is usually varies a little bit so you always get the freshest ingredients according to the season, which is something I really appreciate. The owner and the staff is great also, doing their best to make you feel welcome.
It's not the cheapest place in town but I think that the price you pay is totally in line with what you get as it's really high quality.
Make sure to try the Pisco Sour if you're into cocktails, it perfectly fits with the Ceviche and Saline is the only place outside of Peru I know where you can get this drink...!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Saline Ceviche Bar is a nice place which offers different food than the one you can get in the region.

Main courses are ceviches, very nice and tasty, starters inclue quinoa salads, tiraditos...! Piscos are also very nice, they have Peruvian beer....

As the name says it is a bar. Service is quick and the manager is very nice.

I really enjoyed the food and I hope to come back soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

When we first went there for dinner, we had never before eaten a ceviche dish. What a surprise! This is a very small and nice restaurant, with a very nice atmosphere. The service was very friendly and charming, the food tasted fantastic, it was really fresh, nicely arranged and delicious. Prices were reasonably. Absolutely recommendable.