Hotel de la Marine
US$280
Le Petit Hotel(Biarritz)
US$132
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I absolutely loved my stay in this hotel. The staff was amazingly helpful, printing tickets I needed for my onward trip and giving us useful information. I went with a friend and we had booked a twin room but were put in a triple which was probably one of the bigger rooms I stayed in during my trip. The rooms had extra pillows and nice clean bathrooms. Our windows let us have a view onto the quaint street bellow. The location could not be better, allowing us to walk to both beaches and all the plazas in the center of the old village. The weather was iffy, while we were there and I was happy we had a nice comfy room to go back to. In general highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you can ask for a room with a view to the street....
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We stayed here for four nights, Great rooms really cheap (40 euros per night) and great staff, Yeah it may be a bit noisy at night but for the price who cares!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GrantPayne
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I found this hotel while looking on Trip Advisor for a place stay for a few nights in Biarritz.
What a fantastic little hotel in a super location on a busy little street with lots of great restaurants and bars. Just a 5 minute walk to the nearest beach and the superb views of the Atlantic coast.
The hotel staff were excellent and gave us a very fast check in upon our arrival. Very clean rooms at a great price. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel while visiting Biarritz.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dancindan04
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Arrived in Biarritz, unfortunately rained for most of the 2 days we were there !!
The hotel was very central, brilliant for young people, but for us it was a disaster. The room was very small, the en-suite smaller, could hardly get my legs in front of me when sitting on the toilet. The shower curtain was dirty, the whole place needs decorating in fact :(
The bed was awful, we rolled into each during the night, there was no air-conditioning, the double glazed windows were new and kept out a little of the noise, but it was necessary to leave them open so that we could breathe and then, the noise was unbearable. It was almost impossible to sleep. We put on the little, old fashioned tv to try and find some music, but the walls are so thin, we had a young couple with two small children next door and they started banging the wall. To us, this was so funny, because the noise from outside nearly drowned the noise of the tv.
We were also on the second floor and our room was directly opposite another hotel, so our window was around 5 metres away from our "neighbours", so no privacy - curtains or shutters had to be closed all the time.
Only plus point I think is that is was cheap 55 euros a night, so I suppose we shouldn't have expected more. But we just wanted a cheap and cheerful hotel so that we could spend our money on eating out. Please visit Chez Albert, fantastic food (you will need to book in high season, we watched queues of people turned away all evening) and also there are four little restaurants on the old harbour where they serve fresh fish - magnificent. The staff leave a little to be desired, not even a "thank you for your stay" when we were leaving.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hedi53
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Hotel la Marine is located right in the central street of Biarritz, which makes it an excellent location for eating and night life. You'd struggle to find a hotel much cheaper, considering it's location.

Location aside, however, this was hands down the noisiest room I've ever tried to sleep in. We stayed here for 2 weeks, and every single night without fail, people in the street scream and yell at each other until 5 or 6am. The hotel is situated on a corner, so all noise from the busiest parts of Biarrtiz echoes off the buildings and is funnelled into the room. It sounds like everyone is standing in the room with you. Combined with the ear splitting motorbike and scooter exhausts ricocheting in the window, we found it very difficult to sleep, even with ear plugs and noise cancelling headphones.

The windows are double glazed, which cut out a lot of noise, but because they're sealed, no air gets into the room. You have the choice of quiet or oxygen.

The bed was pretty reasonable, but the pillows were absolutely terrible. We had one long double bed bolster which was totally dead, and two dead 1m-square cushions which were terrible as well. I've never slept so poorly.

We were surprised to note that our room was not swept or vacuumed at all during our stay. After 2 weeks the floor crunched when you walked on it. Towels were arbitrarily changed, sometimes they were folded up WET and put on the bench. We had to ask for toilet paper, because it was never checked.

We were not charged for Internet, and it was very fast, so that was a bonus. I believe breakfast in bed is available, but no one mentioned that to us on check in, so we had no idea.

The staff tried their best to be helpful, and were indeed a huge help. They are all very friendly and welcoming.

Basically, the terrible sleeping situation would put me off ever returning. If you're planning on surfing every day, get a place up at Anglet instead. It's only 5 minutes away, has MUCH better beaches, and is very quiet. You can just bus it into Biarritz for the night life.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple