“Superb”
Review of le clos basque

le clos basque
Ranked #24 of 367 Restaurants in Biarritz
Price range: US$35 - US$43
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We celebrated our anniversary at this restaurant, service and food was outstanding.

Thank you for a lovely evening.

1  Thank Anndrs

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Honest food for an honest price, you have a menu at 26 eur , appetizer, main course and desert. I had a velouté of green peas with a touch of mint, haddock, and a chocolate dessert which I preferred to be endless, my compagnion had foie gras , merlu and risotto and a basque cake .Please do not forget to make a reservation , because otherwise you will get at a full house ..

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We went for a birthday meal. The food was beautifully cooked and presented. The menu is not huge because this is genuine inventive cuisine based on the best locally sourced ingredients. So many restaurants in France serve the same old dishes - Le Clos Basque is the opposite - virtually everything was new to me and will be to you - confit of pork cheeks with young broad beans for instance. My starter was mushroom (cèpes) ravioli and it was sensational. The service was excellent (I had read a couple of negative reviews on that beforehand) - quick, polite and friendly. And it is very reasonably priced - we had champagne to start, 2 bottles of 2004 Madiran, coffee, three course menu with amuse bouche, one extra cheese course for 200 Euros for four. Awesome atmosphere, fabulous food, wonderful wine - top class and the best value I have had in France for a long time. Bravo Le Clos Basque!

1  Thank leapnick
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This was among the least expensive meals we had in France but was one of the best, with a good value house red wine. Service was spot on and a nice ambiance to the place

2  Thank b93reviewer
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This restaurant is sensational. I had the foie gras terrine to start and the braised pork cheeks for main course. I was there in a group of four and we all tasted a little of each others meals. Every single meal was divine and I would have been happy to eat any of them. The fish was incredible fresh, the presentation of all the food had flair without being arrogant. The vibe in this restaurant was very relaxed and the service slow and graceful. Settle in for a long slow afternoon of basque food delights at this incredible restaurant.

1  Thank Expert_adviser