“Nice little restaurant in a quiet part of town”
Review of Restaurant Moutarde - CLOSED

Restaurant Moutarde
Price range: US$24 - US$29
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Moutarde acquaints you with products from the local region with exotic flavours... After several "high-class restaurants" and a stay in Québec, the chef decided to put his roots down here. At Moutarde, the market dictates choices. English spoken.Price-House Spécialties : Nem de Canard Mesclun with sésame oil. - Risotto with Cèpes and Foie Gras - Menus : Menu à 20 € et 25 €. .Wine suggestion : - Clos Joncal AB:21€ - Château La Jaubertie Bergerac AB : 23 € - Mirabelle AB:29€
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had a nice lunch of warm goat cheese, lamb and local strawberries done three ways. All very good. Nice local bergerac wine- bordeau blend style but more medium bodied. Very pleasant

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had a lovely meal in a small but friendly restaurant, It was also open when most others were shut for a jour ferier. Service was good. Would go again, good value for money.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stumbled across Moutarde whilst exploring the (AMAZING) town of Bergerac. It's a little pricier than some places, but it has a good variety of foods at a high standard.

Not too much I can say really except that the staff were lovely, the food was incredible, and I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The restaurant proper was full when we arrived without a booking but we were offered a table outside which with outside heaters and the shawl that my wife was offered was absolutely fine. The menu was dominated by regional specialities and the ones we chose were outstanding.

The service was attentive and friendly but relaxed. Overall an excellent evening.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

On a cold Saturday morning in November, we were shopping in Bergerac and wanted a warm, friendly, not too expensive, not too posh restaurant for lunch. We found exactly that in the Restaurant Moutarde. Small but perfectly formed, the restaurant is cosy, full of wonderful aromas of typical French food and the staff (one chef, one waitress, who I assume are the owners) have got their offering totally together. Small-ish menu but everything is so well cooked. We both had a hot goat's cheese starter and I had the best wild mushroom risotto I think I've ever eaten. It was perfection. My husband's pork cheeks (he is going on a diet soon, honestly!) were divine as well, so I'm told. The service was brisk without being hurried, attentive but not overpowering - just how you like it. With coffee and a picher of red Bergerac wine the bill came to €45 which was amazing value for such a great experience. Merci mille fois!

1  Thank Sandie O
lechefmarc, Propriétaire at Restaurant Moutarde, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time in giving your advise on Trip Advisor.
We've been so pleased to have you in our restaurant and so thankful you enjoy your time wis us and hope doing even better on your next visit.