“Great central location and ambience”
Review of Brochetterie La

Brochetterie La
Ranked #172 of 317 Restaurants in Pau
Cuisines: French, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Tatsfield
“Great central location and ambience”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Stumbled across this place on business trip. Proprietor/ or son? Worked off his feet but worth it with well presented food, good set menu selection and nice decor.

• Visited May 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Touristy first impressions - good meat though”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect of La Brochetterie. On a previous visit to Pau I'd avoided this place, plutting it in my "too touristy to be worth it" section. It's close to the chateau and looks and feels rather like a tourist trap. The fact that it seems to appear on all the tourist literature as "the" place to go was also a bad sign.

But there I was on a Sunday evening with just about everything in Pau closed and I wanted dinner, so in I went. There is an advantage to a place that caters to tourists - they are open!

So in fact I was pleasantly surprised, although as a single diner I was immediately offered a table tucked away in an awkward spot, which I refused, not unreasonably I thought, since the place was almost empty when I got there. The table I ended up with was marginally better, but I did have a good view of the rest of the place, watching it slowly fill up as the evening progressed.

This is a "traditional" cuisine, with an emphasis on meat (as one might expect from the name).

My dishes - very traditional with a focus on duck (no surprise there, given I was in Pau!) - were all perfectly adequate without being in any way particularly memorable. The house wine was perfectly drinkable and was equally forgettable.

I wouldn't go out of my way to come here again, but it's worth noting that it seems to be always open and it's a good fallback.

• Visited December 2013
“Need to like meat!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Great location near the chateau. Good wine and helpful service. If you do not like meat then you have a problem! offal seemed to be flavour of the menu. I had steak which was a bit burnt on the outside ( others might say char grilled!). All meals seems to come with jacket potato. I asked for a salad with my meat and got a few leaves! Overall acceptable BT nothing to shout fro the rooftops

Visited August 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good local cuisine, excellent value”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Very friendly welcome, excellent menu choices in order to taste a little bit of each local specialty, good meat, duck, duck liver, cooked on the wood fire grill..Second time there and not disappointing. Very close to main parking area and the famous boulevard des Pyrenees. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013
California
“Authentic and pleasant”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Nice place, traditional Gascon food -- the duck on a skewer was really good.

• Visited June 2012