“Second pleasant stay”
Review of Hotel de Gramont

Hotel de Gramont
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Pau
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I had my second stay at this lovely hotel in June 2013. I chose the business suite this trip which faced the square. We had a lovely view of the French streets. We only heard noise when the windows were open and we enjoyed hearing the bustle of the french going about their day and the happy chat from the restaurents below. This room was much more modern than our room on the previous stay. I love this hotel for it's location, the atmosphere, the comfortable, relaxing rooms and value for money. I very much look forward to my next visit in 2015. Pau is a beautiful town and I couldn't imagine a trip to this part of Europe without spending some time here.

Room Tip: If you want to experience France then get a room facing the fountain square and open the windows. O...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BarbReid

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was so disappointed with this hotel, because it could be great. It's in a fantastic location and the service level from the staff on reception couldn't be better, so friendly and helpful. The bar and reception area of the hotel also were fine. We were able to park directly outside the hotel, which is really unusual and good. However, sadly our room was on the small side, dark, dingy and with decor that looked really old fashioned and in need of a facelift. The bedspread also had some stains on it, so it looked as if it hadn't been washed. The bathroom was small, with an old looking bath and the flush on the cistern was missing, meaning you had to lift a screw to make the toilet flush! The bed however was comfortable and the air conditioning and double glazing made it really cool and quiet. Not sure I would recommend unless the rooms are modernised...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shutterbabe2008
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Ticks all the boxes for location, cleanliness, room size, bathroom and breakfast. Loved the character of the place - A mix of modern and old styles and decor but it works! From the games room downstairs to the helpful staff - all great. Parking close by and free. Can definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

There is something pleasingly old fashioned about this well placed hotel in Pau. The service over the phone when we booked in France was helpful and appropriate. The reception when we arrived was similar. This place is not Manhattan chic but it is comfortable! The decor in the bedroom is a bit dark and weird but the room worked fine and was a decent size, as was the clean bath/shower room. We were glad we had booked in here rather than at the better appointed but more than double the price competition which was not as convenient to the amenities of the town. The bed was comfortable, the room was soundproofed from traffic and we got a decent breakfast. We would come here again and it was great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I recently spent 4 nights at the Hotel de Gramont and was very happy with my choice overall.

For me, the LOCATION was perfect! I loved the view from my window and I was surrounded by shopping, dining, and sightseeing opportunities in every direction. There must be over 50 great restaurants and 100 specialty shops within a 10 minute walk. In the same area you’ll also find community plazas, Chateau de Pau, and the Avenue of the Pyrenees! Parking was also easy once I found the free community parking lot just 1 block away.

The staff was outstanding! They couldn’t have been more friendly and accommodating, especially considering that I cannot speak French at all (and too embarrassed to try).

WiFi worked well for me and I was even able to find international (English) CNN on the TV.

The feel of the place is more like a family visit than a standard hotel. I found this to be comforting but you will be known, and your schedule will be noticed so if you like to be anonymous this may not be the right place for you. Also, it’s a historic building so the hallways aren’t spacious and for some reason they were kept pretty dark. The hotel has a very nice elevator and good sized rooms. They even had reasonable minibar prices!

This hotel is well run by nice people and offers a great location at a good price.

Room Tip: My street side room (#24) had extra noise blocking shutters that work very well so you can enjoy the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Jim N
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The hotel is just PERFECT! It telling you how "Home away from home" means. The style of hotel is very unique, quiet and the room is perfect decoration. The staffs was very nice, helpful and the place is very convenient to access nearby historic, near the beautiful castle and you can see Pyrénées from there. Also you can walk to shopping center if you are a shopping lover. I would love to recommended this hotel to everyone and more than sure that you will enjoyed your stay in this hotel while discovering such a beautiful city .. PAU :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank BesPhimnaphas
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Friendly staff. Liked the bed. Rather quiet. Walking distance to everything. Great local restaurants. Free parking when not full and nearby public parking. I would go back and stay here again. No problem sending friends or family. Good bang for the buck.

Room Tip: If you are a very light sleeper ask for a room in the back. We stayed there twice and I preferred th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HappyRascal
Travellers also viewed these Pau hotels
Hotel Roncevaux
#14 of 32 in Pau
Hotel Bosquet
Hotel Bosquet
#9 of 32 in Pau

Been to Hotel de Gramont? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel de Gramont

Address: 3 Place Gramont, 64000 Pau, Communaute d'Agglomeration Pau-Pyrenees, France
Region: France > Nouvelle-Aquitaine > Pyrenees-Atlantiques > Bearn-Basque Country > Communaute d'Agglomeration Pau-Pyrenees > Pau
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Pau
Price Range: £64 - £127 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel de Gramont 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel de Gramont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Interhotel De Gramont Pau