“Excellent food and service”
Review of L'Essentiel

L'Essentiel
Ranked #8 of 209 Restaurants in Perigueux
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I was recommended to this restaurant, and my friends and I enjoyed the food there. Excellent creation of main course and dessert, the presentation of table setting and food were pleasing to eyes. The chef's wife paid attention to every details to make our dining an unforgettable experience, she made the whole dinning experience there a wonderful and magical evening.

• Visited April 2014

• Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
“Oustanding .. 'perfection on a plate'”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was looking forward to my first meal at L'Essential in 2014, and I was not disappointed. The a mouse bouche was very creative, and the ensuing courses all well prepared. Fresh ingredients, cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. A must for any food lover !

• Visited February 2014
London
“A Lovely Though Unspectacular Experience”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is a very good restaurant. Shades of cream and biscuit, proper table cloths and cutlery etc - all the simple modern elegance of a Michelin starred restaurant. Service is friendly, unstuffy and pleasant. Food is carefully prepared very good but ultimately not quite as memorable as you might be hoping. You will feel that going to a gastronomic capital with thi9s its best restaurant might just blow your socks off. Everything will be well prepared and presented but it lacks a little sparkle or imagination. You would feel wrong to complain but in your heart of hearts when you leave you will have had a lovely time but will have just hoped for that little bit more which didn't quite materialise.

• Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Was very pleased to find out that our group was to have the pleasure of dining in L'Essentiel. Because of the size of our group, we pre-ordered our meals in advance.
We were greeted warmly by the experienced hostess and looked after so well during the evening.
We started with a fresh tomato gazpacho and basil sorbet, then a mushroom terrine? ( I have a mother in law who claims eating mushrooms is like eating dirt, I defy anyone to dislike THIS dish) the flavour of the mushrooms and accompanying sauce was amazing. I then had the fish which was on a bed of coursely chopped chestnuts and mushrooms with a velouté of Marin ( I think). The dessert was two round discs of fine biscuit or tuile ( I was too busy eating , drinking and talking) with piped cream ( not plain) in between , topped with a quenelle of pineapple stuff ( technical term) and coconut and lime? Ice cream . OMG what can I say. Divine.
Great ( expensive) wine list but what the heck!
Great nice, great Amazing food and fantastic service. Thanks

UK
“Good service and a clever chef”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

There are good chefs and there are clever chefs who do unexpected things with flavours and textures. This is a clever chef. I believe that he has a Michelin star, if so he deserves it. If not he deserves one. Service is excellent; effective and unobtrusive.
Rhubarb and Granny Smiths to cut the weight of the foie gras is clever, so also is green tomato sorbet. A touch of sour in the citrus sauce. Basil and ginger cream in the puddings. Just good quality and interesting food. I'm delighted that we found it.

• Visited August 2013