“Very good”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Perigueux
Grand Turk
“Very good”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

From the outside, this hotel looks like a box and quite depressing. But the room had a wonderful little feel to it and was most comfortable. Shower exceptional and bed very comfortable. English news channel. Hosts were so friendly and helpful and let us check in way before check in time which can be so nice when you need it (or it's pouring rain outside!). About a five minute walk from the medieval centre.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HollowVictory

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Vayrac, France
Reviewed 23 December 2012

My wife and I had been warned by previous reviews not to expect an attractive exterior to this hotel. They were right. But our room was clean, the bed very comfortable and the bathroom excellent. The receptionist (manager? owner?) was very friendly and helpful. The small car park was full when we arrived but we were able to park for free on the street outside. Perigueux is not easy to navigate, especially on a freezing winter night. However, we spotted the Hotel Bristol street signs early on and they guided us in very well. €97 for two people, including a good breakfast, in a central location with free parking struck us as very good value.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Molepolole
Crete, Nebraska
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I didn´t expect much from an older hotel in Perigeaux, but I was surprised. The room is relatively large by Euro standards, up to date and very charming. There was a genuine king size bed (not two twins pushed together), and two comfortable chairs, along with a nice bathroom and very hot water shower. The TV had the BBC in English, and wifi was adequate. There is a refrigerator and safe. The only negative was a somewhat noisy heating unit (which is also the AC), and though my room was quiet, you could get some interior noise due to lack of any soundproofing. The reception clerk didn´t speak English, but we managed okay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Plainview, New York, United States
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We were only supposed to stay in Périgueux for 2 nights but extended our stay to 6 nights when a situation with our rental car didn't work out. The owners of the hotel had no problem accommodating our lengthened stay in the double comfort room. We checked in about 3 hours early (before our room had been cleaned), and the staff rushed to get our room ready so that we could get settled in as soon possible. It was so sweet of them! There was a minor problem with our key card at first, but the staff were also very helpful with that. The room was beautiful and spacious. The double comfort rooms have mini refrigerators, which are a wonderful luxury in Périgueux! It was fantastic to buy delicious goods at the Saturday and Wednesday markets and keep them in the refrigerator to enjoy over the course of our stay. I pity anybody who visits Périgueux and doesn't have access to a refrigerator! We ordered breakfast delivered to our room twice (at 10 euros each, but it's worth it considering it's only a euro more than having breakfast downstairs!). Breakfast was very yummy and "adorable", which is why we just had to get it twice! As though all of this weren't enough to make us thrilled with our stay, the owners of the hotel (a husband and wife) went above and beyond to help my fiancé and me. At check-out time, there was a problem with my debit card (since it didn't have the European "chip" on it...be careful, Bristol doesn't have a card swiper at their reception desk!). The owner suggested that I go to the nearest ATM and get cash, but at that point I was so scared because we had a train to catch in just 30 minutes, and it was a decent walk to the station with our luggage! I was terrified that we were going to miss our train back to Paris! She told me to go to the ATM, and that her husband would load up our suitcases and drive us to the train station. Wow. I have never received such personal and helpful service in all of my experiences as a traveler. They were not upset at all about the inconvenience and simply wanted to help us and make sure that we didn't miss our train. The Bristol did put a dent in my wallet, but for the unbeatable location and hospitality, I'd say that it was worth it!!

Room Tip: Double comfort rooms have a refrigerator! In the end you'll save money by not eating at restaur...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Good location, quiet. We spent 4 nights here. Not luxurious, but clean and had the amenities you needed. Free parking. The parking lot was small but we had no problems finding parking on the street. Staff was friendly. Price was great. Would stay here again if we return to Perigueux.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank whlwtchr68133
Wakefield
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

We booked at this hotel as it was the only hotel which had availability for a triple room other than the comfort hotel near the train station. I'm very glad we chose this one as it is in a much better location than the comfort hotel.

Reception staff friendly and tolerant of my terrible French speaking!

Room was basic but clean. bathroom was very nice, with a separate small toilet room across the hall.

Free WI-Fi! Brilliant.

I found perigueux itself rather dull with not much to divert us other than shops.

• Stayed September 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Our stay at the Bristol was very nice. The room was large and so was the bath. This hotel doesn't pretend to be chic or up to the minute - the decor is utilitarian rather than stylish, the continental breakfast adequate. It is what I call a honest hotel. No frills, no surprises. Our room was impeccably clean, the welcoming warm, the location central and the bill small. It was my first visit to the town, which by the way is lovely. While Perigueux is not a shopping destination, it certainly is a foodie's paradise, and I'd recommend it as a base from which to explore the surrounding area, especially St. Emilion, now one of my top 5 places in the world.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business