“Great atmosphere - good food - efficient and friendly service”
Review of Cafe de la Place

Cafe de la Place
Ranked #71 of 215 Restaurants in Perigueux
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great atmosphere - good food - efficient and friendly service”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Perigueux has a market on Wednesdays and Saturdays and this is fast becoming our favourite post market place to lunch - although we've not eaten extensively from the menu because I find it hard to order anything other than the steak tartare which is fabulous - served very traditionally with an egg yolk in the centre and accompanied by duck fat sautéed potato chips - always spectacular! I have also tried the carbonara which is outstanding and if you want something a little lighter, their salads are lovely although I'm not sure 'light' is the right word as they are a very decent size and my husbands favourite is the regional speciality of the perigourdine salad, rich in duck from smoked duck breast to foie gras and of course gesiers! The atmosphere is fun - they have both indoor and outdoor seating and a nice wine list or if you prefer the house wine you can order a 'pichet' of that instead - the quality is good and the price very reasonable.

• Visited May 2014

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A very nice lunch”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Four of us had a very nice lunch in this typical French cafe. It was fairly busy but the service was quick and efficient. Can't really fault the place. We would all go back.

• Visited May 2014
nowhere
“Second time poor food ”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Second visit in a lovely setting, 3 of us ordered same omelette for lunch. One was fine, two were incredibly runny with curdled eggs, not very nice at all. This is the second time we've been now with each meal being not great, we won't try again, but at least we gave it a second chance

1 Thank dax a
Tocane Saint-Apre, France
“Good atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I loved the place. Inside and out. Great cafe culture.

I had the Tapas to start which was very good. The steak for main course was not up the standard for the price. Looking at some of the others eating; they had the special of roast chicken and I wish I had chosen this as it looked great.

Such is life.....

Visited March 2014
Farnham, United Kingdom
“A tale of two omlettes.......”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

went there for evening snack around 10pm with my wife, we each ordered an omelette from a lovely girl waitress and a male waiter brought them to our table after a reasonable time, mine was fluffy and delicious but my wife's was visibly burnt and her plate was swimming in oil. She tried to eat it but her appetite had gone. I called our original waitress over and she apologised and offered to replace it or take a fresh order, my wife declined and when i said that I did not want to pay for her meal the waitress agreed immediately. So...one excellent waitress and one delicious omelette but also one poor chef and one bad waiter who actually delivered the food when it was visibly burnt.
Plenty of other places to eat all around so we would not rush back there.........

• Visited August 2013