“Very friendly”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
bardolino
“Very friendly”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here. A few seconds after we sat down, the waiter appeared with a bowl of fresh water for the dog. The friendly service continued throughout. The salads and sandwiches we had we tasty. Good location. Excellent coffee.

London
“Good spot for lunch or a coffee”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Good service, nice coffee and cakes in pleasant, contemporary surroundings, - well worth a visit if you are in Perigueux.

Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“We were concerned but didn't have to be!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

This place has some bad reviews , but we had a booking for 22 last night and the staff were VERY eager to please. And they succeeded!
As far as I'm aware, every one was very happy with their meals.
The portions were very large , the baskets of bread topped up if required, water topped up constantly.
Hardly anyone could fit in desserts but those who did said they were beautifully presented and matching in taste.
The place itself was tastefully decorated.
I couldn't fault the food or service! Why the bad reviews? We all had a great time and would return. Thanks

Périgueux, Aquitaine, France
“Better than I'd have thought”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I had only heard bad reviews of this place but have now been quite a few times and it's actually pretty good. The service is pretty quick and the staff are friendly. Food wise it's not amazing but it's well priced for what it is. If you have a choice between cafe de la place (opposite) and Danny Boat then I'd suggest Danny Boat. Also the toilets are by far the best in Perigueux

• Visited June 2013
Perigueux, France
“Terrible!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Went for a coffee and a crepe for my daughter. The girl was nice at first. The crepes looked ok but were expensive and slow to come. Only 2 other ladies at the time were ordering tea. I waited a long time for my cafe latte. It came but was spilt in the saucer so the sugar was wet and half was missing from the cup! I asked for a napkin, she took the coffee and wiped it, still half missing, never said sorry and wet sugar. I tasted it, it was cold! I walked all through the restaurant as there are 3 rooms, 2 men talking at the bar - one I think is the manager, didn't ay hello to me, even though I am really the only customer and have a cup in my hand. I explained it was cold - he was not happy! 8 minutes later, the man brought the coffee, the girl said nothing! It was completely different, not a latte, bitter taste, but hot! I asked the girl if I could have a latte please as this tasted bitter. She said, it is the same coffee, same machine! She was annoyed, so I asked for some hot milk to add to it. She came back 6 minutes later - not a sorry and put milk on table and left. We paid the money and left, nobody said bye or sorry. The lady next to us asked for tea and was given a tea bag in paper and the paper was empty - no tea bag - also, the waitress never said sorry! The table was set up for dinner in the middle of the restaurant at 5pm - a little early, but next day at 7.30am - was still set up for dinner - weird! Expensive, slow, rude people and bad coffee! Don't bother to go - please! It would be terrible for dinner as took 20 minutes for a bad coffee!

• Visited May 2013