“23€ menu excellent”

La Fregate
Ranked #12 of 93 Restaurants in Carnac
Price range: US$29 - US$49
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great restaurant on a side street away from the beach. We chose the 23€ menu which had a good variation of menu options nicely cooked, presented and served. Kids menu was a bit limited but at least they had one. Restaurant was pretty full but faultless and timely service.

There are newer reviews for La Fregate

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Great food! Great service!
Good choices on menu!
10 minute walk from Le Churchill.
Reasonably priced for this type of restaurant.
Would go again!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Booked a table here while staying on one of the camp sites in Carnac, it was our anniversary and wanted something a little special. The restaurant did not disappoint and we had a wonderfully relaxed meal in the lovely atmosphere of La Fregate. The food was good traditional French cuisine, the service was excellent, but best of all was the feeling of not being rushed.

My only comment is that I wish the French would communicate to customers how a steak will be served, in a restaurant a few days earlier I asked for my steak medium well (I would normally ask for medium rare in England) and it came pretty much rare, almost blue, on this occasion I decided to ask for well done (expecting something close to medium) and it came very well done. I suppose I got what I asked for, so I can’t complain about this restaurant, but beware! Price wise it was a little more than normal, but worth the money.

1  Thank Simsy321
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We took advice and booked a table. Was a good idea as it was full when we got there, and this was on a Monday night. We dined from the 3 course menu and felt the food was very good, especially the main course fish dish. Service was spot on.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have been visiting Carnac for many years, and always make a point of visiting this restaurant. It is quite traditional and very French. The staff are friendly and attentive, and the food is always excellent. It is quite central, but in a side street, just off the main tourist area. It has a nice relaxed atmosphere. It is a little more pricey than some of the more central restaurants, but worth it, and not fast food! It seems to appeal mainly to couples