Hotel Barriere Le Grand Hotel
US$252
US$213
  • Room Service
Hotel De La Vallee(Dinard)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$164
  • Beachfront
Comfort Hotel Dinard Balmoral(Dinard)(Great Value!)
US$118
Hotels.com
US$120
US$84
  • Beachfront
Hotel Les Alizes(Dinard)(Great Value!)
US$155
Hotel du Parc des Tourelles(Dinard)(Great Value!)
US$107
TripAdvisor
US$351
Castelbrac(Dinard)
US$1,211
US$1,167
  • Pool
All reviewsstar hotelindoor poolsea viewroom serviceold stylefitness centerboiling waterhistoric buildingwithin an hourstaff were so helpfulnougattea bagsgood sizeeach eveningfantastic hotelstayed for nightscomfortable rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed for 4 nights at the end of last summer, really nice hotel, beautiful view, very good extensive breakfast, friendly and efficient staff. huge comfortable bed and nice bathroom, close to town centre, although close to a road, it was still quiet.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Franck_MARIE-DG, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear "aries64St_helier",

It is never too late to share a good experience. And I personnaly thank you for taking the time to write this nice comment following your last stay.

We will be more than happy to welcome you back soon in Dinard for a new experience.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel and it was fantastic. The staff were very helpful, friendly and service was good. My only complain is there was no slippers in the bedroom. Breakfast was nice and quite plentiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PM92120
Franck_MARIE-DG, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear "PM92120",

I thank you for your nice comment on Tripadvisor.
We will be more than happy to welcome you back at your convenience in a near future.

Best regards,

Général Manager

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We recently spent three nights at The Grand, arranged through a Golf Travel Company. As such we paid approximately half the rack rate for a room. The bed was huge, the room adequate (though very dark even with all the 'eco' lights on), the bathroom frankly a little small. Breakfast was extensive and dinner very good. The location and the visual appearance of the Hotel both inside and out are difficult to fault but some of the prices smack of pretension. Rack Rate approximately €300, Dinner €75pp without fancy wines, car parking €24pd and Wi-Fi €10pd. Dinard is hardly Paris!
I have rated the Hotel Very Good but I would have taken a different view if we had paid twice as much as we did!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roulade
Franck_MARIE-DG, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear "Roulade",

We thank you for your review following your stay at the GRAND HOTEL BARRIÈRE of Dinard.
I am confused that your opinion is mixed.
Dinard is not Paris. Otherwise the room would have been double the price, such as parking or dinner. The rack rates are the highest prices. Due to the season, you have been able to benefit of attractive prices with your travel agency as many other customers.
We hope nevertheless to welcome again you soon in Dinard.
Kind regards,

Directeur Général

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

By this I mean that there is actually nothing negative to be stated (with the exception maybe the confusion about room availability @ the reception). At the same time: this will not be remembered as the most amazing 5* hotel you have ever been to. It all gets a bit to standard for that. The restaurant was at the same time a high level of quality.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lialis
Franck_MARIE-DG, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear "Lialis",

We appreciate the time you have taken to complete the TripAdvisor review and we take this opportunity to thank you once again for staying at the Grand Hôtel barrière in Dinard.

Your precious feedback is valuable to us and it is through your grading and comments that we strieve to achieve high levels of service. Exceeding your expectations is our priority and your experience is therefore essential. We are happy to hear that the our restaurant met all your demands.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again In Dinard,

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Like other reviewers I feel the hotel to be 'nearly there' but it certainly doesn't detract from my overall view. The staff are very friendly, the facilities great (other than the breakfast which isn't that comprehensive according to my husband - I skipped it to go swimming) and the location just lovely. For me, this time my niggles were beauty therapist - yes, just the one - was ill so no much needed massage for me, bar very very slow service (read 20 minutes for a wine and a beer while the barman did everything in strict order which meant that we were behind heaps of time consuming cocktails when he could have got so many out of the way easily) and no air con. It was baking in the rooms mid August. BUT dont be put off. It's location and facilities make up for everything. For me there is nowhere around to touch it.

Room Tip: Sea facing or garden for sure.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie F
QualiteGH, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear "Debbie F",

Of course I would have prefer a "completely there" than a "nearly there".

However, I thank you warmly for taking the time to share your feelings with Internet users.

I am sorry that we have not been up to all your expectations, and I promise you that everything will be implemented to achieve this during your next visit, which I hope very soon.

Yours sincerely,