Hotel is nice and I liked the fact that the site previously hosted the printing presses of a local newspaper, and something of the old atmosphere was preserved: the façade (but nothing else of the rest of the building, too bad) some newspaper samples, the old telegraph, a composer's cabinet.
Services and quality are on par with the Mercure brand, although the reception staff was a bit on the unfriendly side - for example not recognizing my status as a loyal member of their frequent traveller program, and not offering the free room upgrade I would be entitled to upon availability.
I didn't really like the carpets in the room, as they are more difficult to clean than plain tile or wooden floors, and the general atmosphere of the hotel conveyed the fact that the hotel was built in 1993 and probably not yet renovated since then (although well maintained, as demonstrated by the good quality of the bathroom fittings).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet street in the heart of the city, a few minute walk from the historical and cultural sites of Rennes. Nestled in an old printing shop (heritage facade). Bar. Meeting facilities. Rooms for disabled guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Lastminute, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Rennes Centre Parlement reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Rennes Centre Pre Botte
- Mercure Rennes Centre Parlement France - Brittany