“Decent food, recommended”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Went there twice June 2012:

Even though we were in shoulder season, this restaurant was doing a roaring trade. TThat meant the staff were under the hammer to keep up which I think they did admirably. Unfortunately they had to put up with some obnoxious customers, which I think they handled very well.

We were satisfied with the food, probably a little high-priced, but we returned so it didn't put us off.

I recommend this as something different from the high priced same-same stuff you will get in St Malo proper.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

First visit to this restaurant, it won't be our last. Very good service and hospitality, top quality food at a very pleasing price - thoroughly recommend to others.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband's family is from Saint Malo and we come here regularly (from Melbourne). This has been our favourite restaurant for the past five years. Food is consistently very good, always something to please everyone (French husband, myself and four children now ages 9 to 19, but even when my youngest was 4, he loved it). Always friendly and relaxed. Prices pretty good - we usually get the 20 euro menu which gives you an entree, main and dessert and everyone comes home feeling happy and relaxed. I like the goat cheese salad entree, oysters also nice and smoked salmon is good too. They have beef for a more picky eater, also duck is nice and I like the sea food dish, can't remember exactly what it is called, but it is a mix of fish, mussels and other sea food in a creamy sauce. For dessert, I like the creme brulee, my children like the crepes and they have other choices as well. I had to write a review, because it so nice!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

During a recent visit to St. Malo this restaurant was recommended to us.
Ultimately my wife and I dined here 4 nights, it was that good we just kept coming back.
The Chef and his wife own the restaurant and offer the most friendly personal service, in fact we witnessed the chef personally alter his menu to suit a fussy patron.
The food is delicious, uncomplicated and the prices are certainly realistic.
This place could well bring us back to St.Malo.

2  Thank Greg W
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Set apart from the tourist area on the way to the station - unpretentious, welcoming, good value, the decent food was fresh in taste and appearance (my simple salad was lovely, with some apple and was not drowned in dressing) and the wine was also above average for the price. Le patron was visible and jolly. Service good. Lighting was on the bright side.