“Never come inside. Look throw windows for decoration, but just look.”
Review of La Java

La Java
Ranked #111 of 389 Restaurants in Saint-Malo
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Expencive bad drinks. No food at all. Cards not aceepted. Run away. We spent there 10 minutes and pay for one gluwine plus bad capucho more then 20 euro. Toilet is small. Personalcan not speak on any laguage instead of french

1  Thank Mishko_rus

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Ignore this place woefully over price 9 of us went for a drink here and it cost 42 euros I had a tiny hot chocolate for 5 euros while we were there someone complained about the prices and the arrogant batman said don't come here if your poor that about sums it up
DON'T GO HERE

4  Thank dynamic1819
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My husband, mother, brother & I popped in for a coffee after arriving in St Malo - big mistake!!! The owner was extremely rude & aggressive. he chucked out a young english couple & their children for having the temerity to ask for a croisant...He then marched over to us & shouted that he was French & that I had to speak french when I innocently requested a napkin..when asked for some milk to go with the tea he practically lost the plot and then (apparently) accidentally flung a pot of boiling water over my husbands groin!! We still did'nt leave (foolishly) so he spent the remainder of the time glaring at us from the bar & gave us a load of abuse as we left!!! We paid 15E for this welcoming experience (3 coffees & a tea) - loads of other lovely cafes in St Malo with owners capable of civility would recommend you patronise them...ps husband did'nt sustain to much damage just the embarassment of walking round St Malo with a wet patch!!!

7  Thank MSyrup
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Only had a lunchtime drink here. It is the most amazing place. I have never seen so many odd things in one place. The pumps fof the beer are dolls legs. It is mainly dolls and puppets everywhere. Hope I am in the right place. I know it as the cafe du coin. Only one other couple were in here. Drinks were on the dear side. The barman wasn't very friendly but I will always pop in here when in St Malo there is so much to look at.

4  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Wild overkill and not that comfortable. Eccentric and sometimes bustling. A long room absolutely filled and coated with bits and lives, posters signs and furniture. Access to the lavatories via what looks to be half a confessional booth, several of the seats at the bar are rope swings with thin plank seats, several PVC less than comfortable bench seats and lots of colourful historical scenes stuck like a patchwork across the ceiling. Not the only place we have been to in St Malo where the rooms are heavily filled with faux or genuine historical or popular cultural trivia. This is not fantastic at Java but better than some and a fair environment for daytime snacking and warm drinks or getting fueled up in the evening.

2  Thank Jannerbloke