2,349 results
All reviewsle cap horngastronomic restaurantthalasso sparestaurants offersea waterexcellent breakfast buffethalf boardmain restaurantelegant hotelsea viewperfect stayold townspent nightswalled townintra murosthalassotherapyjets
Reviewed 29 March 2012

When I read that this hotel has been around since the 19th century, I was wary...I thought it might be a relic....but....quite the opposite. The hotel has a feel of the old world charm, but has been renovated, tastefully decorated, and the service is lovely. This hotel is connected with the Thalasso Center of St Malo, so one comes here to take the cure. This is one of the finest cures I have experienced (including it's direct rival, the Dietetique at Quiberon) The treatment rooms are modern, the equipment and pools, state of the art, and the staff, for the most part, outstanding. Many people came for one on one revalidation after injury, but most people come for a cure of "bien etre"...more a prevention cure, and after six days, you look and feel reborn!!!
I opted for the "dietetique" so my dining was carefully calorie controlled. It comes to about 1200 calories a day, and the food is outstanding. Three course meals with fresh seafood (oysters, shrimp,crab, lobster) wonderful fish and the most opulent desserts...all for under 1200 calories. I lost 2 kilos in the six days I was there, but more than that, I returned home healthy, feeling great with amazing energy......I hope to return to this wonderful oasis again soon!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JoyL
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed six days alone for a week of spa,sports and diet during French school vacation.
My renovated room -572- was a very nicely decorated single with a balcony facing south. Quiet, clean, good bed, good lighting,TV channels in many languages. Bathroom on the small side but nice. Towels are like sand paper not up to par at all.
When the Tv went out because of a blown fuse they sent a person immediately and lent me another room until it was repaired because I wanted to watch a specific program.

The restaurant -verrière- is ugly and in need of a new decor but service is pleasant and prompt, the low-cal menu is perfect and changes are easy. many kids in the restaurant but it's the name of the game during recess. Wonderful female maitre d', the others are just average.

The spa was unequal: all the water therapies are wonderful but the massages vary from great to awful although they are performed by physical therapists, the aquatic training -piscine detente area-is badly managed by uncaring and unprofessional swimming teachers . the aquatonic space is dated and in need of renovation, staff has no name tags .

All in all a good stay with room for improvements.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank eisette
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This was my second week-long stay while taking a "cure." Two years ago I stayed in Room 330 on the beach side. I slept so well and the view was breath-taking so I asked for the same room again and was told it was reserved for me. Upon checking into the room, the smell of cigarette smoke was so overpowering that I requested a similar room and was given 334 which had the same layout and view but unfortunately was right above the pump/generator for purifying the water. That made sleep difficult as the noise and vibration never ceased 24/7. I will ask for 330 again but for someone to make sure no smoker was in the room before me.

The food is wonderful (for the diet plan) but the one problem that I faced was lack of good strong wifi connection. The same problem existed in 2010 and I would have thought that by now that would have been corrected. Wifi should be available in all rooms at all times, especially when one is paying thousand of Euros to stay there.

Room Tip: Stay away from 334 because of the pump/generator noise and vibration
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Beaupeep99
Reviewed 26 September 2011

This was our 15th stay at the Grand Thermes and as usual it was excellent, this time we had room 164 facing south but it had a very pleasant balcony which we used for drinks in the evening. Food in La Verriere was once more excellent and the service a pleasure. This is a hotel that both my wife and I would fully recommend to anyone who likes old world standards

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Overall Comments: Very Strange Hotel

Room: In need of update…no air conditioning, small bathroom, uncomfortable bed.

Location: Right on the beach, but quite a walk (30 mins) to the town centre.

Facilities: Large Spa, but a little strange like some kind of underground clinic for geriatrics! Other facilities okay, gym etc.

Food: Did not eat here so no comment

Service: Surly to say the least!

Parking: On site private parking under the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple