2,392 results
All reviews le cap horn gastronomic restaurant thalasso spa restaurants offer sea water excellent breakfast buffet half board main restaurant elegant hotel sea view perfect stay old town spent nights walled town intra muros thalassotherapy jets
Reviewed 27 June 2012

a great place to relax and i love the emeraude Transat rooms. The Verrierre restaurant, breakfast still terrific. Rooms getting a little worn (try the new building where they have just been redone this winter) great cheerful staff both housekeeping and Verriere restaurant

Was disappointed however in the following things and as I received a form letter from the hotel to relay my comments here they are:
-I reserved (and as a repeat customer). Upon arrival was given a Handicapped room that smelled weird and had a horrible view over the pickup drop off point for tour busses. (No thank you) I was moved...this is not a good idea for people who are repeat customers and have a firm reservation

-Same thing with the Verrierere; not sure if their issue is i arrive solo but with my confirmed dinner reservation a try was to place me in the back (no view) and dark. I said no thank you and was moved right next to the window but with a huge loud group next to me

Suggestions: this hotel seems to have two very different categories of guests; groups and singles/couples. You have two different dining rooms and should be able to sort/accomodate accordingly. This is not the first time as a single I feel I was treated as (less impt) and less of a priority than your groups.

The aqua parc was simply FILTHY dirty. I love this place but please, very dirty and everywhere moldy black stuff at the entrance (and the first hallway to the left) Black particles floating about the water which I was able to move with my foot with a brush you should be able to do even better. Cloudy water... there is definitely improvement here for cleanliness and perhaps monitoring number of people with access at the same time...

the regular pool was fine

and the rooms again are very clean and the staff is great

'thinking of heading to Dinard next time but still very much like it here for the views and great breakfasts

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank WTravelGirl50
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed here after realizing few options existed for quality accommodation in St. Malo, and thought we'd book the best of a bad bunch. I really did expect more, though, as the Thermes advertizes itself as a 4 star hotel. Hardly. Front desk staff took a significant amount of time to acknowledge us (and we even just left once after waiting for 5+ minutes) and even took my name down when we asked for an umbrella....something a hotel has never asked me for before.

We had heard some rooms had been updated so we requested a renovated room in our booking. We were disappointed to see that our room was quite dated. After looking online afterward, it seems we did have a renovated room...which makes me not even want to consider how bad the non-renovated rooms are. It was incredibly hot and humid while we stayed there - which is not the Thermes' fault. Unfortunately the A/C was not working and was simply forcing out uncooled air, which made the room very uncomfortably warm.

There are two things I would list as positives: the room was clean, the location was good.

I definitely would not stay here again or recommend this completely overpriced hotel to anyone else. Its glory days are long past. Next time we visit St. Malo, we will stay somewhere outside the town.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AliGSY
Reviewed 29 March 2012

When I read that this hotel has been around since the 19th century, I was wary...I thought it might be a relic....but....quite the opposite. The hotel has a feel of the old world charm, but has been renovated, tastefully decorated, and the service is lovely. This hotel is connected with the Thalasso Center of St Malo, so one comes here to take the cure. This is one of the finest cures I have experienced (including it's direct rival, the Dietetique at Quiberon) The treatment rooms are modern, the equipment and pools, state of the art, and the staff, for the most part, outstanding. Many people came for one on one revalidation after injury, but most people come for a cure of "bien etre"...more a prevention cure, and after six days, you look and feel reborn!!!
I opted for the "dietetique" so my dining was carefully calorie controlled. It comes to about 1200 calories a day, and the food is outstanding. Three course meals with fresh seafood (oysters, shrimp,crab, lobster) wonderful fish and the most opulent desserts...all for under 1200 calories. I lost 2 kilos in the six days I was there, but more than that, I returned home healthy, feeling great with amazing energy......I hope to return to this wonderful oasis again soon!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JoyL
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed six days alone for a week of spa,sports and diet during French school vacation.
My renovated room -572- was a very nicely decorated single with a balcony facing south. Quiet, clean, good bed, good lighting,TV channels in many languages. Bathroom on the small side but nice. Towels are like sand paper not up to par at all.
When the Tv went out because of a blown fuse they sent a person immediately and lent me another room until it was repaired because I wanted to watch a specific program.

The restaurant -verrière- is ugly and in need of a new decor but service is pleasant and prompt, the low-cal menu is perfect and changes are easy. many kids in the restaurant but it's the name of the game during recess. Wonderful female maitre d', the others are just average.

The spa was unequal: all the water therapies are wonderful but the massages vary from great to awful although they are performed by physical therapists, the aquatic training -piscine detente area-is badly managed by uncaring and unprofessional swimming teachers . the aquatonic space is dated and in need of renovation, staff has no name tags .

All in all a good stay with room for improvements.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank eisette
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This was my second week-long stay while taking a "cure." Two years ago I stayed in Room 330 on the beach side. I slept so well and the view was breath-taking so I asked for the same room again and was told it was reserved for me. Upon checking into the room, the smell of cigarette smoke was so overpowering that I requested a similar room and was given 334 which had the same layout and view but unfortunately was right above the pump/generator for purifying the water. That made sleep difficult as the noise and vibration never ceased 24/7. I will ask for 330 again but for someone to make sure no smoker was in the room before me.

The food is wonderful (for the diet plan) but the one problem that I faced was lack of good strong wifi connection. The same problem existed in 2010 and I would have thought that by now that would have been corrected. Wifi should be available in all rooms at all times, especially when one is paying thousand of Euros to stay there.

Room Tip: Stay away from 334 because of the pump/generator noise and vibration
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo