Maison Angelus
  • Free Internet
Hotel Antinea(Saint-Malo)
Le Jersey(Saint-Malo)
View Hotel
All reviewshome away from homefriendly couplefew minutes walk awayoverlooking the gardeneach eveningcomfortable bedhomemade jamscristinahostssheetsbrittanysupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I absolutely adored my two-night stay at Maison Angelus! Cristina and Giulio are warm, welcoming, and generous. The décor is both luxurious and comfortable...rooms are filled with books, art, and tasteful personal touches. Saint Malo itself is worth a visit, but staying at Maison Angelus transformed my trip from exploring an interesting and beautiful site to that of a magnificent lifelong memory. I will certainly return.

Also, the food. Breakfast is a true treat. I enjoyed two dinners...ravioli (even the pasta was made in house), salmon, and a lovely dessert. The second night I dove into an enormous bowl of fruits de mer...complete with crab-cracking instructions from Giulio. As someone very interested in and appreciative of high-quality, fresh food, I promise that you will leave their table both content and satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My partner and I visited in June 2012 and stayed one night. The only regret is that I wish we stayed longer. It was beautiful, relaxing, beautifully decorated and the owners were so warm and welcoming we felt like family. The bathroom was so tasteful and the windows opened onto the garden and was peaceful. The breakfast was amazing with the homemade cake and fruit salad. I would definitely stay again and would probably try to take some cooking lessons the next time I go. My partner and I still talk about what a lovely experience we had.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Cristina and Giulio are welcoming people. Such an experience, we were speaking spanish, italian, english hahaha so funny!! Giulio is a great artist and a good talker. They suggested soo many things and routes that you will want to change a lit bit your plans. The location is great, the house just a perfect italian one!! Cozy and confortable. Do not think twice. Splendido!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We visited Maison Angelus on our way home after a break in Brittany. Christina and Giulio's home was a delightful find for our last night in France. We arrived tired after a busy day and long drive and were instantly relaxed after being welcomed warmly into this stylish and luxurious home.

Christina made us tea - accompanied with homemade biscuits after showing us to our room. We were located at the top of the house and our room was just divine. Beautiful bed linen, tasteful decor, a top-notch bathroom including fluffy towels and a fabulous shower. The room was spotlessly clean and there were considerate touches such as a good selection of books and literature about the area, a welcome note inviting you to inform of dietary requirements and water.

We opted to dine out so we could squeeze in a look around the old town before sun set. However after sampling the biscuits and seeing the impressive collection of cookery books and the impressive kitchen, we did wonder whether we'd make the right choice. We've vowed to dine in next time we visit!

Breakfast was delicious. A warm welcome in the morning, a breakfast room overlooking the walled garden and a table groaning under the weight of homemade specialities such as preserves, bread, fruit salads and Christina's special fig cake (Guilio kindly wrapped some up for our journey after seeing how much we enjoyed it). Wonderful coffee and fresh juice also set us up for the day.

Christina and Guilio were excellent, attentive hosts and were comfortable about sharing their wonderful home - they answered any questions we had and provided info about the area and then left you to relax and enjoy the surroundings.

This b&b is in a great spot - the 30 minute walk along the front to the old town is delightful. This artistic and stylish home provides a relaxing and luxurious base from which to explore the delights of St Malo.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RachelSW1978
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Just wonderful. Cristina and Giulio are such lovely people - so welcoming, helpful, accommodating and relaxed.....makes all the difference for a b&b. The room was spacious and immaculate. Amazing towels, pillows and mattress. Good location too - a few minutes walk to beach, restaurants and petit Carrefour.

In the spirit of 'developmental' feedback I'd just say they might consider eggs and bacon for breakfast and bathrobes in the room but I am being really, really picky.

Book this place and don't just stay a night like we did!

William