We have been staying here as our hotel of choice since 1998, as an en route hotel to Disney or Paris. This year we had a "staycation" horrid term, but good to describe a break near to home!!
As usual we had room 354, a lovely large room with three windows, two of which look out onto the ramparts and the sea.
The air con is very good, and with the windows closed, we heard no noise from outside. If you dont want to hear the bustle of the busy square, then dont accept a room overlooking it, it will be noisy.
One complaint and that is very a poor internet connection. The best signal we got was from the toilet..... The slowness was definatey frustrating, but this is not the hotels fault.
The housekeeping staff are very thorough and obliging, and a useful addition to our room was a small fridge,
I would recommend the breakfast. At 12 euros per adult, (son aged 14 not charged), it is very good value, yes, you can get cheaper, but I think the choice and quality was excellent,
Fresh croissants, baguettes, pain au chocolat, crepes, selection of jams, honey, fresh fruit, prunes, fruit salad, Madelaines, fruit cake, yoghurts, toast, eggs, ham, salami, cheese, proper freshly squeezed orange juice, coffee, hot chocolate, teas, I am not sure what else one would want for breakfast in France?
We stayed for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We paid 790 euros, which we found very good value. Athough we didnt take our car this time, would recommend booking a car parking space in the underground secure car part the Cite hotel the Chateaubriands sister hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel sits in 1680 landmark; Napoleon III architecture; plaster ceiling reliefs; cove moldings & period reproduction furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel France et Chateaubriand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- France Et Chateaubriand Hotel
- France Et Chateaubriand Saint Malo