I have been to St. Malo 3 times (from the States) and am in the middle of planning my next trip over there in July 2010. Absolutely adore St. Malo....romantic, quaint, historic, entertaining, charming, affordable....and the Hotel Chateaubriand is the BEST place to stay. The staff speaks English and bend over backwards to help you out. One note of caution: parking is at a premium. If you can avoid having a rental car for the better part of your trip, do it. (We arranged for a rental car at the beginning of our stay and ended up having to leave it on the ferry dock, where it collected parking tickets for 4 days.) I understand their parking situation is a little better now, but check first! They are just a stone's throw from the beautiful beach and last time we were there, a wedding took place on the parapet just outside our window. Not a dry eye in the house. The rooms are clean and well kept (more to European standards than American) but when in Rome....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel sits in 1680 landmark; Napoleon III architecture; plaster ceiling reliefs; cove moldings & period reproduction furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Priceline, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel France et Chateaubriand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- France Et Chateaubriand Hotel
- France Et Chateaubriand Saint Malo