Hotel Beaufort
US$338
US$292
  • Beachfront
Ibis Styles St Malo Port(Saint-Malo)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$139
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Saint Malo Plage(Saint-Malo)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$132
US$145
US$127
US$264
US$243
  • Pool
Kyriad Saint Malo Centre - Plage(Saint-Malo)(Great Value!)
US$234
Orbitz.com
US$167
US$159
  • Beachfront
All reviewssea viewsound of the wavescharming hotelwalled citybreakfast roomold townpleasant tea roomcomfortable walkthe entire hotelsmall hotelspent a week herewalking distancewide beachminute walkhotel servicedu sillonperfect location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had stayed at the Beaufort in 2013 and decided to stay there again this past April. It did not disappoint. Our room, though small, had a terrace which looked out on the Channel and we really enjoyed sitting out there watching the tide roll in and out. The breakfast at the Beaufort is in a lovely room looking out to sea and is delicious. The staff of the Beaufort is absolutely wonderful. They are so kind and thoughtful and do anything they can to make your stay in St-Malo special.
The town of St-Malo is lovely and interesting and staying at the Beaufort enhanced the trip for us.

Room Tip: Choose a waterfront room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Helen C
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Not only a beautiful location, but a cosy, yet elegant home from home by the sea, the Beaufort has tastefully styled lovely bedrooms, with a terrace, overlooking the sea. The beds are superbly comfortable and the staff welcoming and helpful, as nothing was too much trouble. Elegant bar terrace/salon was a great place to relax and we enjoyed the company of Pierre, in particular! We hope to return soon.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed in Hotel Beaufort in last July for 2 nights. Although we arrived very late, the person at the reception was very helpful and welcoming.
There was no more sea front rooms available so we were a little bit worried that the standard room would not be so special. We were very surprised: the room was very cosy, the bed very comfortable.
The restaurant (they only serve breakfast) is very beautiful and cosy as well, with sea view. It is open until late. Customers can sit and enjoy the beautiful sea view.
The location is also nice. It is 15 to 20 min walk from the city center, and it was not so difficult for us to find a space to park the car, just in front of the hotel. We did not have to pay to park the car.
The best about the hotel is the staff. Unfortunately, the cover of my camera lense fell in the elevator. When I told the owner he said he would send it to me after the elevator maintenance. I was not so sure about it. And actually he did what he promised!
I highly recommend anyone to stay in this hotel while visiting Saint Malo!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnneErik
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I've stayed here twice and I can't believe I haven't reviewed it sooner. I stayed there first in 2008 & then again unexpectedly in 2010 when another hotel in Normandy didn't work out. The 2nd time I drove the extra hour out of the way to stay there.
Both times I was floored by the beautiful view and the kindness of everyone who worked there. The rooms are cosy and just perfect, but it is the view that is the knock out. I went to bed with an ocean view, not knowing what I'd see the first time I stayed and woke up to the most beautiful view of the water. I could have stared out the window all day. The ocean is amazing. The town is fantastic. The Beaufort is perfectly situated to explore all of it. The second time I was again moved by the sounds and sight of the ocean. Add to this the knowledgable staff who are happy to help and the wonderful breakfast. I gladly stay here again and again. Don't miss the opportunity to stay here if you are headed to St Malo!

Room Tip: Select a room with an ocean view. You won't regret it!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank junebug40
Reviewed 4 December 2013

spent the night before travelling back to the UK. Parking in the street didnt bother us, it was perfectly safe. I asked the woman in reception "Do you want our passports"and she replied "I want your credit card". She rattled off the prices of the rooms, starting with the seaview room at 150 euros and 240 for sea view and terrace. As it was getting dark when we arrived, the sea view really would have been wasted. Got a street facing room, which again wasnt bad and away from traffic on the 3rd floor. However, whilst the room and bathroom were very clean, there were notices all ovee the place "if we smell smoke in the room you will be charged for a night's stay" "switch off tap whilst you brush your teeth". "re-use the same towel". . At the prices they charge surely they are not hard up to pay the water and laundry bills. We decided against having breakfast there in the morning. Because of this tight fisted attitude would not use again, before we are threatened to be charged for breathing

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anna maria pier... W
1958075, Front Office Manager at Hotel Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Madam, we thank you for your comments about your experience at out hotel in Saint Malo.
Nevertheless we do feel very disapointed by your unsatisfaction and comments about your stay with us. It seems that many points are based on misunderstanding and that we probably were unable to explain you clearly of our policy in english.
First of all, our highest rate on the period you came (december 3rd) to the hotel was 155€ for a junior suite with sea view and private terrace. Indeed your late arrival was the reason why you did not choose the sea view option, Nevertheless this could have been of interest on the morning as check out time is midday in our hotel. Also this is now usual to ask for a credit card as a guarantee, also for walking guests, and we do appologize if you found our request for a credit card, during check in, rude and unpolite.
We also noticed that the information in the rooms regarding saving water has wrongly been understood, and we are sorry about that. Indeed we only try to inform our guest to act every day for nature and environment protection.
We hope that we will have the opportinity to show you that we do all possible efforts to make our guest stay a marvellous experience in our nice city of Saint Malo.