“Least favorite in Beaune”
Review of La Ciboulette

La Ciboulette
Ranked #21 of 217 Restaurants in Beaune
Price range: US$31 - US$47
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We ate dinner at three restaurants in Beaune and this was by far our least favorite. I had the most expensive fix price as I wanted to try their foie gras and the owner highly recommended the steak and said it was very tender. But, I think when you order the fix price they give you the worst cuts and ½ portions. My husbands foie gras was twice the size and my steak was inedible. When I told them I couldn't cut it, they brought it in the back and chopped it up into little pieces and brought it back to me in a small dish. It was laughable, and I still couldn't chew it. Wouldn't have been so surprised if the owner didn't recommend it. The dessert as not very good, and they did nothing to make up for it. Would not go back when there are so many really delicious restaurants in Beaune.

2  Thank Lauren V

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was our first night { Sunday} of our touring holiday, and what a great start.
The friendly greeting from staff on arrival, promised good things, and we were not disappointed.
The menu was most tempting, service was most attentive and the quality of food for the price, excellent.
I would have no hesitation to return again when in Beaune.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

After 6 days of lots of wine and rich food, it was nice to find a place with a lighter fair. The duck salad was magical and the Salmon was cooked perfectly. Nice wine selection to round out the last night in Beaune.

1  Thank MichelleB5
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The food here was nice, the atmosphere was nice, the prices were reasonable (though not fantastic) but it didn't blow my mind. My sense is that there are other places that are better but equally we still enjoyed a nice meal so wouldn't totally dismiss it!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We enjoyed our meal here, and we treated cheerfully and attentively by the staff. They do not have an English translation of the menu, but the waitress helped us understand the dishes we could not immediately translate.

The emphasis is on regional, local foods, and it felt very authentic to me, though I am not overly experienced with French dining. The restaurant is very small, and we enjoyed meeting and chatting with the couple at the neighboring table.

I'd recommend it and would dine there again.