“Club sandwich would kill a brown dog!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #60 of 205 Restaurants in Beaune
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: French, Bar, European, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Starters were 'ok'. But main course completely unacceptable - v dry beef bourgogne with overcooked tagliatelle and no sauce. Tagliatelle Marine gratine was basically tagliatelle with cheese. I pointed out to the waitress that there was no seafood in it and was ignored. Very poor.
Canberra, Australia
“Club sandwich would kill a brown dog!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

There is an old Australian expression in relation to bad food, that it would kill a brown dog. The club sandwich here qualifies and is the most repulsive I have ever had the misfortune to taste. Tasteless white bread toasted on one side but seemingly fried on the other, a thin slice of industrial ham, a thick slice of tasteless cheese suitable only for a mouse trap, too much hard boiled egg and some unidentifiable sauce. At least the the accompanying frites were edible. Anyone who thinks this dump is good needs to get to some venues that actually can serve tasty food that is edible. The waiters made no comment or enquiry on the returned plates with uneaten food. They get away with it because of the location on the main square of Beaune. A disgrace to Burgundian cuisine.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank aussietony_10

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Popular town centre bistro with average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This place looked very popular, with traditional French bistro decor and fast service. We got a table inside on a cold evening for dinner. We had the daily menu, which was OK but fairly ordinary and poorly presented. A basic restaurant with position appeal but there are lots of places better.

Visited June 2014
Chicago
“Last but not least.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

It was a Monday Five of the restaurants we called were either closed or full. So we eat here. I'm glad we did. I had a braised pork hock with green beans. My wife had veal with green beans. Both dishes were simple and satisfying. We had red wines by the glass and ended with sorbet. I would recommend this brasserie for anyone wishing a simple, inexpensive and filling meal or a lighter fare after a large dejeuner.

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced rudeness!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Had lunch today at the brasserie le Carnot. It took forever for us to be served and the waiters were very unwelcoming. I asked for decaf coffee 3 times and yet they keep bringing me normal coffee. In the end, I decided to just let it pass. However, I was astonished to find our that they charged me for their mistakes I.e. the coffee. I will never set foot there again.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Really great atmosphere; great food at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stumbled across this place. It was absolutely rammed at lunchtime with locals (always a good sign) , so we went there for dinner. Booked a table for 2 people at 8 pm, which was just as well , because it was rammed again at night.
We chose a la carte..fish soup for me, followed by Jarret du Porc (like Lamb shanks but pork instead). Very tasty, almost too big for me and I have a big appetite.
We chose excellent burgundies by the glass, which was a treat.
We sat inside , but I bet the terrace outside would be great for people watching.
Good value