“Enjoyable family stay!”

Novotel Beaune
Ranked #11 of 62 Hotels in Beaune
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Nice and clean hotel. Very welcoming staff - something we haven't been too spoiled with when travelling in France - and nice and clean room! I've read some reviews that say they smell smoke in the rooms but there was none of that in room 320 where we stayed. The whole place felt clean and well kept and the breakfast was excellent, albeit a little expensive. Upon departure the staff asked us if we enjoyed our stay, and if everything was to our satisfaction. Service with a smile!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
H1177GM, Directeur général at Novotel Beaune, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear " JufferJay"
Thank you very much for choosing Novotel Beaune.
you took the time and trouble to share your impressions following your stay by us and I would like to thank you very much. Our mission: your satisfaction! The best reward for me and my team is to succeed and when our guests take the time to share it, it is wonderful.
Thank you again.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Beaune

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Only square pillows in the room...could not sleep properly. Outside bar area infested with wasps.Poor choice over breakfast. Unable to just sit in the bar area and relax without pushy staff wanting to see you overpriced drinks.

Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time and trouble to share you impressions following your stay in our hotel.
I am very sorry to realize that we did not meet your expectations and that you were disappointed about the quality of the pillows and troubled by wasps during your meal on the terasse
Despite the inconvenience you experienced, I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Travelling with 2 children.
Nice spacious room.
Nice bathroom.
Very well isolated windows against noise.
Nice swimming pool.
Little garden big enough for.some stretching after a long drive.

Dinner was ok, enough choice for a drive-through (one night stay).

Breakfast... was only until 09h30...which was a surprise to us...however guess the receptuonist informed us but we were too tired.

BUT... have to say that the personnel at breakfast have really nicely catched up with us and did serve us a nice breakfast one hour after the hour...!

All in all...a pleasant experience!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelbird19

Dear Guest,
you took the time and trouble to share your impressions following your stay at Novotel Beaune and I would like to thank you very much. Our mission: your satisfaction! The best reward for me and my team is to succeed and when our guests take the time to share it, it is wonderful.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on my drive too and fro the South of France and always thought it was good for a stopover. However I now think it is quite expensive, and I agree with another reviewer that the staff aren't welcoming. But my biggest gripe is that the mattresses are too firm and the pillows too soft, so with a long journey the next day, it doesn't make for good travelling. I won't be staying again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
H1177GM, Directeur général at Novotel Beaune, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear "Kellygirl"
I would like to take a moment to apologize for your recent experience at our hotel. I can assure you that comments like yours are unexpected for us and we are very surprised and embarrassed to know that you felt that the staff was not welcoming.
About the mattresses and pillows we use the medium level to satisfie most. I suggest you to reserve as soon as possible directly on our website, where you will get the bettest prices.
Please, if you have a moment, I would like to discuss your experience in further detail. We want to make you a totaly satisfied guest.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Only a few minutes from the motorway making it an easy overnight stopping point, especially as it has plenty of free and secure parking.
This hotel was very busy and popular with families especially those with young children, the hotel seemed to accommodate them very well and provided a games and computer area along with a good sized swimming pool which was proving to be very popular with all members of the family.
For us it was not a problem but for childless couples booking into this hotel during the busy holiday periods they could find it hectic, noisy and not very relaxing especially in the restaurant and public areas.
To our surprise the restaurant provided good evening meals and breakfasts but the worse coffee I have had in France for a long time, I don't think the hotel looked shabby or tired and our room was very quiet, clean,comfortable and provided tea/coffee making facilities along with a mini fridge & soft drinks and the air conditioning coping with the demand very well.
I will agree with another review that the hotel has a problem with smoking in the rooms, as the guests opposite us were smoking on a regular basis as you could smell it outside there room, I think its something that the hotel management should urgently be addressing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear "Nickguest",
thank you for sharing your impressions following your stay in our hotel. We are very happy to see that you liked to stay with us.
We are sorry that, although you booked a non-smoking room, you had to suffer the smell of cigarette smoke from the room beside. Please do not hesitate to contact reception desk, so that they can offer you another room.
We hope that, despite this incident, you will give us a new chance to prove you that this was a very unusual situation.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very disappointed we have stayed at this hotel many times to break our journey through Europe and have always considered it as the start of our holiday, but not this time.
The reception staff were abrupt and the public areas condition is tiring. the hotel is supposed to be non smoking, we had 2 rooms and the one was permanently blighted by someone at the adjoining room smoking in the toilet, this carried through to our toilet and made the whole room stink like an ashtray, we reported it to reception but there attitude was ' well what would you like us to do about it?!'. we ordered a snack from room service the waiter was very polite but the wrong food was brought, a large glass bottle of water was dropped and smashed, although he attempted to clear it with a vacuum there were little shards of glass left and and the carpet was still soaking when we checked out the next day.
The waiting staff in the restaurant were rude and unhelpful, the entrecote steaks that we ordered were beyond edible, more like the soles off our shoes.
I understand France are very liberal allowing dogs into restaurants but a large German Shepherd dog, when the restaurant is full and lots of nervous little children just seems a step too far.
The breakfast in the morning was very busy, it was understaffed albeit the waitresses were very pleasant, but it was a free for all with the food not being replaced so very little choice for the large money they charge for it.
All in all a big disappointment, we will return to Beaune but sadly will never return to the Novotel again.

Room Tip: High Floor overlooking the front of the hotel
2  Thank Julie C

Dear Guest,
I am very sorry to realize that we did not meet your expectations and that you were disappointed . Would you please be so kind to contact me personnally to see how I can help you.