I'll start out with the positives of this hotel:
- great location close to the centre of Beaune and very safe as every time you come in or out of the hotel (by car or foot) an alarm goes off and a staff member checks
- cosy rooms, well cleaned
- breakfast was simple but quite nice with delicious croissants. Be aware that if you request fruit you'll be given whole fruit
- the first staff member who greeted us was helpful and he made some suggestions for restaurants to visit (although they were closed).
- simple parking right outside the rooms with easy access to the major motorways
Now the negatives:
- no privacy as every time you come in or out of the hotel an alarm goes off
- additional 5 euro parking
- We were in room #1 which was across from the kitchen/dining area and right next to reception so from 7:30am onwards you hear cases being dragged along or people going for breakfasts (not ideal for a sleep in)
- Very poor customer service. I booked online 3 months prior (using my Amex) but the day before I was due to arrive in late April I was advised that my credit card was "unacceptable" and they were going to cancel my booking - very surprising and unprofessional. We were in Switzerland at the time and this caused unnecessary stress and resulted in an AUD $60 call to sort out the booking. They had the correct number and this card has been used for many other things during the trip so I have no idea what their problem was.
This issue wasn't mentioned at all on check-in. When I questioned it with the reception staff on check-out she simply said "it wasn't me you spoke to" (even though I thnik it was her) and regarding the $60 call she said that was because I'd used booking.com to make the reservation?! When I suggested that they check the cards when the bookings were made she said "we check the cards 2 days before the reservation". This is the reason for my poor review. No apology and no offer to credit us for the call or do anything to help our situation or resolve this issue for future bookings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We will have the pleasure to welcome you in this former wine merchant house, restored in the Burgundian style, located within 3 minutes walk from the town centre of Beaune. The peaceful setting, the quality of welcome and the many tourist sites will make up a very pleasant memory of your stay. The warm and family atmosphere of our hotel will charm you. The whole team of the Hotel Belle Epoque wishes you a good stay in Beaune ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Belle Epoque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belle Epoque Hotel
- Belle Epoque Beaune