Mercure Beaune Centre
Ermitage de Corton(Chorey Les Beaune)
US$182
Orbitz.com
US$230
US$190
  • Room Service
La Maison d'Olivier Leflaive(Puligny-Montrachet)
US$234
US$229
Hotels.com
Hotel le Clos(Montagny-les-Beaune)
US$175
US$170
US$158
US$145
All reviewsbeaune centreaccor group hotelstesla chargingpleasant reception staffcharging pointsnice outdoor poolfree parkingjunior suiteideal hotelprivilege roomcarrefour supermarketwell run hotelwithin easy reachcoffee machineshort walkbreakfast servicesouth of france
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I often stay at Accor hotels. Sofitel and Pulman are fine, Ibis ok, Novotel usually ok but, in my experience, Mercure are generally poor. This was my fourth stay at a Mercure this year and it served only to confirm my views. The hotel is long overdue a makeover and needs to improve its service levels.

Yes, it is conveniently located for Beaune town centre but why should I 'slum it?' Like other Mercure hotels in France they seem to expect me to drink out of cardboard cups when staying in a standard room. I don't drink out of cardboard cups at home so why should I when staying in a hotel? There were a number of 'minor niggles;' and to their credit, the hotel did respond when we complained but, unfortunately, they then repeated the situation that caused us concern so we had to complain again and again!!!. Clearly not a 'learning organisation'. We should not have to complain, they should provide a reasonable service, after all their charges are high enough to do so.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

OK but not in the centre. We were in a Privileged room which was very large but not very inviting. Parking is at least free. Breakfast was good and the dining room was very light overlooking the garden. Free WiFi and there is a Desk Top computer available fro guests where we checked in on line and printed our boarding passes.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We used to stay here years ago when the larger Privelige rooms were a reasonable price because it is handy for the autoroute. Stayed again - in a standard room which at full price is around 160 e though we got it for 90 by paying in advance. The room was minute - not enough space for us and a suitcase. The bed had a spring poking through the mattress so I had an uncomfortable, sleepless night. The air con was very noisy, The room key card stopped working twice and the shower was pathetic - towels thin too and not enough of them. Plus points - dinner was good, the garden is lovely - but has idiotic loungers that are about 5inches off the ground so no one - even the young and fit - can sit on them.Hotel looks tired and is poor value - my advice is stay at the lovely Belle Epoque which is much nearer town instead.

Room Tip: If you can afford it and want to stay here choose one of the large Privelige rooms - they are expensive however.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

It was useful to have free parking so close to the centre of Beaune - it is a 5-10 walk. There is a small shopping centre across the road. There is also an outdoor pool which we did not try.
the public areas of the hotel are attractive but the cleanliness of the carpet and bath in our room was not up to usual standard.

Room Tip: Room 104 had not been cleaned thoroughly - perhaps an exceptional oversight - but was otherwise fine.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

When we arrived in Beaune I was so excited to see the beautiful scenary. I wasn't prepared to see the parking lot full of RV's. I guess it's not the hotels fault, but the view from my room was not the best. We went down to the breakfast buffet and we were not told there would be a 20 Euro charge for canned fruit.
The hotel is convenient for walking around Beaune but when we returned from Dinner the hotel was gated with no clear signs for entrance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business