“One of the best Styles”

Ranked #7 of 62 Hotels in Beaune
Hereford
“One of the best Styles”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Ibis styles are always reliable but this one excelled. Excellent location at the entrance to the old city. Modern and I guess purpose built it has big rooms with more than the usual storage space; excellent air conditioning and blackout curtains, v good mattress. Good buffet Breakfast (out side and indoor area ) and free wifi is standard. Secure covered parking for 8 euros per day.
A bonus was the agreeable and witty Brit, Andy, on reception!
Excellent value for money.
50m away is the excellent Arches restaurant which I have reviewed but you need to book in advance.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cookidog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Czech first
Seaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Like previous reviewers we didn't have great expectations, but we were also pleasantly surprised. We had a standard double room at the end of a corridor on the 3rd floor. The room was clean and bright, but was smaller (and cheaper) than the Mercure we stayed at on the previous day in Troyes. Nevertheless it was good value as the rate included breakfast for 2 people. Breakfasts were excellent in terms of choice and quality of food. It's ideally placed to visit the city centre and there are 3 or 4 really good restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. The nearest (Piqu Boeuf) being a mere 40 metres away.

Room Tip: We asked for, and received, a high floor room away from the lift. Nice quiet nights.
1 Thank BobWrinkly
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed for one night while we visited Dijon. It was surprisingly good. Nice room, comfy bed, had all amenities that we needed. Free wifi worked very well. The buffet breakfast is just so-so, not many choices and not fresh enough, but it's fine since it's free.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Skovlunde, Denmark
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Location is excelent just across the city wall
Rooms are small
WiFi drops off and needs log-ons all the time
Fresh orange juice is served for breakfast
Beaune is a nice city with many good restaurants. Cheval Noir can be recomended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Berne
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a typical Ibis Styles hotel, with strong colour themes and an interesting design. It is excellently located just outside the town walls, on the inner ring road (though the signage meant that coming from the east we drove round the entire ring road before finding it!). We were suprised to find a British receptionist, who was very chatty. The bar was somewhat perfunctory, and its supplies limited - we would have liked a bottle of white wine that wasn't Chardonnay, but there was nothing available. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Our room was large, but then it was the disabled accommodation at the end of the corridor - everything worked well, and the bed, as always with Ibis, very comfortable. We didn't try out the swimming pool for lack of time - maybe next time.

1 Thank HectorFromBerne
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My expectations weren't especially high when we booked this hotel, but I must say we were very pleasantly surprised.
Rooms were quite spacious and well appointed and the hotel is located within easy walking distance of the town centre. The buffet breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and fresh ingredients.
Style may not be to everyone's taste, being distinctly modern and bright, but overall the impression is good.
Parking is in a secure underground car park.

NYC
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I reserved 14 rooms for 8 nights for a group of adult American artists and just got back last night. I did manage to scout it out last September to make sure the quality would work for my group and decided back then to give it a go. Well, it exceeded my expectations. Unlike so many hotels in France (and I've been bringing groups to all regions of France for 21 years) the rooms are all created equally. So I didn't hear stuff from people: oh, so and so's room was nicer than mine. I loved just about everything. Beds were so comfortable, A/C worked great, good WiFi in all the rooms, breakfasts were great with a unique machine that made fresh squeezed orange juice, location was perfect - right near the majority of restaurants and a 2 minute walk to the center of town. Muriel was great: always responsive and friendly. Likewise ol' Andy the Brit. The jacuzzi was big enough to fit my whole group. Interestingly enough no one ever went in but me. Lots of seating on the reception level for my group to meet and even show and critique our paintings. Not sure what else to say except I will be most likely bringing a group again next year. The only thing I would add was that the hotel would do well to have either a laundry service or a way to have laundry taken out to be done. I had to use one of the local laundromats. They also have a number of larger rooms they call suites. Some of my clients reserved those. They were a bit bigger and had two beds. One was a pullout bed but also a double in size. I uploaded the short videos I took during my scouting mission and if you want to see it send me a message.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business