“Winemakers fondue is wonderful”
Review of Le Tast'Vin

Le Tast'Vin
Ranked #78 of 206 Restaurants in Beaune
Price range: US$26 - US$38
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Le Tast'Vin is the Restaurant within the Hotel de France, located near the train station in Beaune, Burgundy, very close to the historical city center. This venue has been relaunched beguining of 2011 with new Ownership, new Chef, new Team and definitly new Inspiration. Friendly, efficient and relaxed service, great homemade food from fresh ingredients with regional Burgundy influence. Extensive and well selected winelist with choice of wine by the glass. English spoken, free wifi, air conditioning, outside terrasse on nice days. Closed Saturady lunch, Sunday lunch and Mondays throught the high season (May to Septembre included). one of the particularity of our Place is to propose different Menus at Lunch and Diner. Bistro & good Brasserie style for Lunch (prices from 13.90 € for 2 courses Set menu/ head) and Fine & traditional cuisine for Diner (3 courses Set Menu from 23.00 €/ head).
Alberta
“Winemakers fondue is wonderful”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The winemaker's fondue hides in the back of the menu, but it was real find. The portions are large, so don't order any appetizers.

We had the wine based fondue, and it arrived with large portions of beef and chicken. It was accompanied by salad (with a mustard dressing), bread and french fries. Various mustards and sauces for dipping were included. The dips complemented the meats, being fondued in wine made the meat really tasty.

They have a short, but good list of wines by the glass, so a glass of wine rounded out the meal. It was really a good meal, we were not able to finish all the meat even after lingering a while. The service was good.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank travelabit

jonboyfee
“The long walk from town centre Worth the journey”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

The weather for our journey through France to Italy was "pant", so we have to compensate with eating our way round towns
This restaurant was absolutely fantastic as we had stopped earlier in the day for a drink and spoke with the owner and booked
The food was very enjoyable and "French"
Thanks for the experience

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank jonboyfee
hdf21, Owner at Le Tast'Vin, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Jonboyfee,

Thank you so much for your nice comment about our place. We are glad you had a good French gastronomique experience with us. We shall serve you again with lots of pleasure whenever you decide to come back in Beaune.

I take this opportunity to remind to our dear guests that set menus and a la carte choice are differents for Lunch and diner in order to adpat our service to each lunchers as well as diners expectations (timing an budget).
Our menus are regurlarly renewed to match with seasonal ingredients.

We wish you all to carry on with great food experiences.

Virginie, Nicolas and The Team.
Derry, United Kingdom
“Disapointing”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I’m afraid my experience of this restaurant was not so good. We had read good reports about it before we went but sadly we were disappointed. For starters we had “Feuilleté d’escargots à la fondue de poireaux.” The snails were OK, all 2 of them but the leeks were tasteless and under seasoned. For main we had “Faux filet sauce Epoisses, pommes darphin et haricots verts”. The steak was cooked beautifully [rare, just the way I like it] and tasted brilliant BUT, it was VERY chewy, not what I had expected. The potatoes were nice and the haricots were perfection. Desert was more disappointing. We had Crème brulée à la prunelle. I didn’t taste any apples and the brulee tasted like chilled, over set ‘Birds’ custard. Both my husband and I were ill the next day. Now, I’m not saying it was this meal that made us ill, as we had ate other things the previous day; but I just thought it was worth a mention.

• Visited September 2013
hdf21, Owner at Le Tast'Vin, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Flyin_5

Thank you for posting your comments about your meal in our Place.

I fell very sorry we did not manage to match with your expectations. Please do not hesitate to mentione to us about your first time dispointment, should you make the effort to come back to us, one day. We will surely do our very best to please you and copensate this inconvenient next time.

All our meat, as well as the rest of our ingredients, are properly stored, at the right temperature (check every single day). Our kitchen, our ingredient and our food go spontaneously through official Dijon Departemental Laboratory hygien checking controls and procedures, several times per year. All the Laboratory reports are available for consultation in our restaurant. The latest Chef Stephan Giboulot's safety and hygien training period up date was 1st trimester 2013. We take the food safety procedure more than seriously overhere.

The origine of our beef, pork, chicken, poultry and fish is French for 90%. The veal we purchase comes either from France or NL. Lamb is French or NZ.

Everybody that comes to eat in our Restaurant can visit our Kitchen on demand.

We wish you all the best in your ftur travels.

Sincerely yours,

Nicolas di Serio and Virginie Dassé
Owners
Palo Alto, California
“All around great experience”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My wife and I ate here on Saturday the 4th of May. Everything about the experience was great. It's reasonably convenient to centre villa but still a bit away from the tourist area. We had a quiet table in the back and were able to carry on a conversation at "normal" levels. It seemed very intimate. The wait staff was attentive without being overbearing. The food was very good. We each chose the menu terroir - my wife had the beefsteak and I the coq au vin. I thought my sauce was among the best I've tasted. We also had a very nice 1/2 bottle of Marsannay. The entire bill came to 61 euros. Overall, very impressive.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank LuigiB1163
Nice, France
“beaune has a secret !”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

On a rainy cold night in March I went spent the night and made a reservation to eat here. Our journey from Zebrugge was hard, cold and long due to the big snow storm the night before.
This is a husband and wife team its very comfortable and you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. The husband is the chef, he is friendly and knows his stuff, I have eaten here before its simply good french food at its best. Great service too.

• Visited March 2013
hdf21, Gérant at Le Tast'Vin, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Michele,
Thank you so much for your loyalty to our Hotel-Restaurant and for taking the time to post your encouraging comments on Tripadvisor. It has been our pleasure to welcome you again recently. We hope you had a more pleasant second half trip back home with better weather on the road. We will do our best to surprise you again in a good manere next time you'll decide to stop by in our place. Keep well.
Nicolas and Virginie