“Great Tour and Tasting”
Review of Maison Louis Jadot

Maison Louis Jadot
Ranked #25 of 71 things to do in Beaune
More attraction details
Owner description: Maison Louis Jadot has opened the doors of its cellars, located at 62 route de Savigny, Beaune, to private customers. This space allows wine lovers the opportunity to taste the wines currently available on the market and to buy bottles to take away. The idea is to offer our customers a tailor-made visiting experience.It's an opportunity to rediscover our ‘classics', but also to unearth wines from lesser-known appellations and older vintages - or even to buy bottles of grand cru wines from our limited stock. there will be something to please every palate.
Northern Virginia
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 284 helpful votes
“Great Tour and Tasting”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I visited Maison Jadot with some friends. We arranged the appointment in advance, which I recommend for any of the top performers in Bourgogne.

The range of wines is stunning, as is their quality. The tour is very interesting, as well. Highly recommended stop when in Beaune.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank luv2travl003

Newport Beach, CA
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Big but good”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Jadot is a fascinating visit. Open only by reservation and generally preferring "serious" wine visitors, production of over 130-odd different wines, and I've never tasted a bad one.

Visited June 2011
4 Thank Avalon-Wine
East Coast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent and Generous Wine Tasting”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Great place to visit for a broad overview of the wine regions of Beaune. An informative and generous tasting.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank TravelOftenEastCoast
NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Private tour with Mr. Pavat was wonderful”
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I scheduled a private tour with Mr. Pavat earlier this afternoon, who's in charge of the French wine sales.

He started the tour by explaining the company history then moved on to both stainless & oak vats. Out of all the wineries I've saw in the past 3 days, Louis Jadot is absolutely the cleanest & best lit.

Once we moved to the cellar, we were able to start tasting the wine. Mr. Ravat, who's not only a sommelier, but also a WSET Advanced Certificate holder. So I was grateful that he shared his thoughts regarding the flavor profiles for each of the 13 wines that we tasted. My favorites were: 2009 Clos de Vougeot barrel sample, 1998 Corton, & 2008 Pouilly Fuisse Village.

At the end of the tasting, Mr. Ravat was kind enough to drop me off in the town center where I had another tasting appointment. If it weren't for that, I'd probably be late (and 13 Euros poorer). So for that, I'm very grateful.

5 Thank a9zn