“Superb”
Review of Stephane Derbord

Stephane Derbord
Reserve with
Stephane Derbord is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 608 Restaurants in Dijon
Price range: US$49 - US$177
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant Stéphane Derbord is found in the heart of Dijon and offers a creative cuisine, rich in the flavours of Burgundy.Tuck into dishes such as Bourgogne snails; frog's legs risotto; fillet of Charolais red label beef; roasted rabbit with thyme powder and citrus flavoured crispy tart. Whether you choose form the set menu or a la carte, you can enjoy a variety of flavours and prices. The younger gourmets have not been left out either, with very affordable children?s menus available.
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Superb way to break a trip to Dijon. Flawless cuisine and decent wine list although time and driving meant we did not enjoy wine here. Chef's creations are excellent.

1  Thank Ran_Mad

Reviewed 12 April 2013

This was one of the best culinary experiences that I have had in my life. The restaurant is rated with a michelin star. We choose the country cooking and creation menu and it was SUPERB. The food had an excellent presentation and the taste and flavors were amazing. I loved that they started by giving us samples of the chef creations. The foie gras and the burgundy snails were amazing. The selection of cheeses was pretty extensive and the dessert had the exact combination of flavors to leave an extraordinary balance of swetness in your mouth. I am a chef groupie so if I was traveling all the way from Mexico, I wanted to meet the author of such an amazing culiniary journey. The chef came to our table and talked to us for a while, he even gave us some magazines and samples of regional products. I was really impressed by his kindness. The restaurant has a great service. If you go to Dijon, this is definitely the restaurant to visit.

1  Thank VENES_13
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My wife and I with her old school friend and her husband had a wonderful experience of genuine French eating. The food was excellent, a great selection of wines and the service was impeccable. No where else in France over our 4 week visit compared to Stephane Derborg. We found it excellent value for money. My wife and I went back on our last night in Dijon and it has left us with a lasting memory. Sadly in France , their style of eating is being influenced by tourists with large meals i.e d'oeuvre with a plate of chips !

Reviewed 20 January 2013

We were given,as always, a warm welcome on our third visit to Stephane Derbord and enjoyed a truly wonderful dinner in lovely surroundings. The four course menu was a delight from start to finish but the highlight for us was the wonderful fish; the scallops in the first course and the two main dishes, one of turbot and the other of langoustines. The service is not only charming but efficient with just the right length of time between courses and the wine poured as needed for each dish. We eat out in France quite often in some pretty great restaurants but this is simply the best.

1  Thank Lyn W
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This is very well priced for a Michelin starred restaurant in France: we paid 230 EUR for two people, four courses + amuses bouches + petits fours and including a lovely bottle of local wine. The food was superb and beautifully presented. The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is because the service was a little slow: we didn't order until half an hour after arriiving, and it then took another 20 minutes for the sommelier to come over, we had to ask for napkins, and we paid up at the reception rather than wait for our bill. It didn't matter too much as we were happy just to enjoy the ambience, but I wouldn't say the service was quite at the usual level for a Michelin restaurant.