“Local gem”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Went to Chez Leon having read reviews on Trip Advisor and we weren't disappointed. It was Friday lunchtime and fortunately we were early. By the time we finished the restaurant was full of locals, meeting and greeting each other, and dining on the menu du jour. Inexpensive, delicious French food with atmosphere.

1  Thank MrsJovial

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had been to a wine tasting during the day and asked Marc at the wine shop for a recommendation for dinner. We explained that we were from New Zealand and like good food and wines, and wanted an authentic French restaurant - not one where the tourists eat, but where locals would go. We went with his recommendation and it was perfect!
The service was awesome. The food was superb - we were treated to the best gougeres (French cheese puffs) ever... My husband still talks about them :-)
You must have the Boeuf Bourgignon here - it is like nothing you will have had before - delicious!! It is hard to make a decision for dessert - but recommendations are Chocolat Fondant, and Crepes Suzette flambéed at the table.
If you are3 in Dijon - this is a must visit restaurant and Leon has a great personality. Thank you for a wonderful meal.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Superb boeuf bourgignon first time I went, second time I took the enterecote which was cooked exactly as I ordered and served with some very tasty baked potatoes and seasonal mushrooms. Good selection of local wines, try any of the Audoin wines from Marsannay (great Pinot Noir with a slight spice)

1  Thank Mark-B-NL86
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This restaurant had a lot to live up to after eating at the Theatre des Sens the previous night, but we had a pleasant evening. Some of the younger waiting staff seemed dismissive, but the older man recognised our reservation and welcomed us.

Food choices were inspired by a Lyon bouchon, and were fine if not particularly inventive. I was rather disappointed that the cheese was under-ripe.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I went for lunch recently. The the "menu a midi" only had two choices for each course. Pretty skimpy. Then I asked to use their wifi signal and was told no. Lastly, Leon went to 11 other tables to greet the dinners. He did not stop at mine. I just wasn't feeling the love! The food choices that I was served (Feta Cheese Salad and Canard) were fresh and well preserved. It's a great location for people watching. But overall I think I would have done better elsewhere.