“Pleasant change from all French food”
Review of Olio Et Farina

Olio Et Farina
Ranked #185 of 585 Restaurants in Dijon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Milwaukee
“Pleasant change from all French food”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Based on TA reviews, we were looking for this restaurant and a change of cuisine. We walked past it several times because it has a new name, La Dolce Vita. I don't know why it changed but there was still some merchandise with the old name in the street elevel store. The restaurant is upstairs but the kind gentleman working in the store was also the maitre d, our waiter, and apparently the owner. His wife was the chef. My husband began with a minestrone that he really liked, while I started with a nice green salad. We both had the pasta with truffles. . It was cooked perfectly and we both enjoyed the meal. The couple who own and run the restaurant were "tres gentils"and we would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank kayteeMilwaukee

London
“Smart food/ lovely hosts”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We had a meal at this restaurant this evening with our 1 year old and were delightfully surprised. From the moment we arrived the lady who greeted us was warm and friendly especially to our son. She was thoughtful in arranging his food quickly ( so as to avoid a hunger tantrum) and even made the pasta look like a clown face. For us adults- wow! Simple but very tasty pasta. I had the truffle tortellini which was not too overpowered by truffle and my wife had the gnocchi picante which was also yum. Olive bread and basil olive oil was nice also. For dessert my son had pear and mandarin sorbets which he loved (sending flying kisses into the sky! ) and we had one of the nicest desserts we have has for a while- a baba soaked in limoncello with mandarin sorbet! The sorbet had bits of rind too which was a nice touch . Finally as we were leaving the host gave my son a little easter gift which was a lovely touch. It all ended up being a nice little surprise to end a nice day in Dijon. I highly recommend this place if you like simple but yummy Italian food.

1 Thank LondonPlugger