“I'm indepted to the Jacquemart staff”

Hotel Le Jacquemart
Ranked #26 of 59 Hotels in Dijon
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I did the dumbest thing one can do when I moved on from Dijon: left our passports behind at the hotel. I realized this half an hour later on the train to Dole where we were to fly out on ryan air.
When I got to our next hotel I asked them if they could phone Jacquemart and tell them I would return by train the next day to pick up our passports. At the phone call's end I was told "no need, the manager will drive down tomorrow with them." That is what happened and they weren't looking for thanks in our urgent situation...just said that it was the best method to get them to me. "Thank YOU!"
As far as the hotel goes...it IS in a great location for exploring the old town, starting with the cathedral. But the next street over in the other direction..Rousseau..was the source of my wife's great delight when it was closed to traffic for a giant flea market. The same street is lively at night with some fun bars with music nearby. We were lucky to hear a fun duo at BamJam on the corner. If you like seafood you'll delight in Bout de la Rue up the street from the hotel where you can have more choices for mussel toppings than you can find for wings in North America. I had the delicious creamy curry and there were a ton of mussels in the dish. We'd asked for a first floor room due our luggage and that is what we got. Our room was not huge but we slept very well there. The staff was always pleasant and helpful even before rescuing my passport and helped with printing my boarding passes for our next flight. When we first arrived in Dijon we were tired and took a 10 euro cab from the train station. On leaving we took the 'tram' from the Place de la Republique, a 10 minute walk and 1.5 euro ticket back to the station. Handy also nearby: the main info centre, (near the famed 'gargoyle' church) where I booked a wine tour. There is the free 'tour bus' stop just in front of the church within sight of the tour info. Just beyond that is the big Place de la Liberte through the courtyard of the Beaux arts museum. The market, also in the vicinity, had a great exhibition outside one day with a plethora of area cheese producers giving samples. Yum.
This is not a big chain hotel with a big advertising budget, but they came through in a very BIG way for us in a time of need and I thank them again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fisher_eye_lens

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is a lovely old building in the heart of the old town and it is just steps away from major tourist attractions and great restaurants. Though the furniture looks a bit old, but the room is very clean and comfortable. The receptionsts speak Eng and they offer great help during my stay. The hotel is of great value and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vickie F
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Hotel Jacquemart was exactly what my husband and I were looking for on our two day trip to Dijon. Our room was basic but clean and found the hotel to be a great price when comparing to the rest of the hotels we had looked at in France.

It was very close to shopping, restaurants, etc. We even were able to park on the street for free right in front of our hotel which was wonderful.

Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ckhorvath
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Arrived late at night and managed to park right outside the hotel which is in the old and very charming part of town. The lady on reception was a delight - she didn't speak English and my French is pretty patchy but we got by and we were shown our family room. Having stayed in many family rooms in France I can say that I think this was one of the best - a large comfy double, two good singles, a big bathroom, telly, hairdryer, toiletries, free wifi - much more than we were expecting for our 80 euro bill.

It is very quaint and old so the lack of a lift was no surprise and we had a room facing the front on the second floor with lovely views. It was a little noisy late at night when the bars closed but that is what you get for staying in the centre of town.

Fantastic location in a lovely picturesque town - I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mrslab
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Not sure how this got such a good trip advisor review and maybe front rooms are much better , so recommend you make sure your not at the back. We stayed overnight enroute to Germany. Gps struggled to find address but finally we managed to park in the street nearby early evening. Reception was very pleasant and we located our room on the second level up steep stairs then accessible via an outside courtyard at the very back of the building in like an annex. The room was typically furnished in a tacky "French hotel " style and had a small window opening into a stairwell. Reception in the morning was more interested in her emails than talking to us . Pity great location in centre of an amazing city well worth visiting.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Philippetmignon
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is a quaint and typical French hotel in an old building so it doesn't have lifts. If you can't imagine dragging your luggage up to 3 or 4 storey high, then don't stay here or try your luck to request for lower floors. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights and on the 3rd storey (we did request after reading the reviews). Dragging the luggage up & down wasn't easy but the huge quiet bedroom and bath tub paid off.
Service was ok because the staff spoke limited English but they were polite and smiled a lot. We did not opt for breakfast because there's ample food nearby and you can easily get a croissant or sandwich for a good price at the bakery.
It's situated very near the historical centre where the tourist attractions are - St Benigne Cathedral, Philippee Le Bon etc. The tourist office is 5 minutes walk away. Dijon historial centre is a small area and you can explore many places by foot. Galleries Lafayette is also walking distance away. Good idea to buy your hi-fashion items here than crowd-fight in Paris. The hotel is not near the rail station and it's a good 20-30 minutes walk depending on your navigation skills. Do make sure you have it sorted out before you arrive.
Our bedroom was very quiet and private. We stayed in room 25 which is in a separate wing that is separated by an outdoor balcony. The bed was ok, not like super big and comfy. Room was ensuite with a bath tub (great for soaking after a long day!). You get very basic items like soap, body/hair shampoo and shoe polish wipes. We were curious and checked out some unoccupied rooms when we saw the doors open. The rooms are generally nice and big though decor is old. Many are ensuite with separate living room. For the price you pay, I think it's a good deal.
The downs: Unstable Wi-Fi when we first arrived and it was made worse because my phone was stolen and needed my boyfriend's Wi-Fi urgently! The staff could not offer much travelling tips and we had to self-service with the brochures there. During checkout, the staff just said "sorry no change" when we gave him a 500 euro note (we stayed three nights, not one). The hotel should preempt this and prepare enough petty cash.
Overall we enjoyed our stay. This hotel is a good base for exploring Dijon. And you really should splurge on food in Dijon. We've had some of our best meals there. Check reviews for good places to eat.

Room Tip: No lifts. Ask for lower floors but manage your own expectations too especially during peak season. P...