Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$123
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$123
Booking.comUS$123
eDreamsUS$123
Orbitz.comUS$123
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Only stayed 1 night but welcome was lovely, free car park, room well furnished and equipped, restaurant served me in the bar so I could see the football (!) and breakfast very good.

Only slight negative, and it's not the hotel's fault, is the neighbouring mall and restaurant complex is closed all day Sunday in French style so it's not the most exciting place to be on that day!

Recommended.

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank JulianGent
Reviewed 22 September 2018

This was our first stop on a trip down to Italy.

Getting to Dijon is very easy from the UK. It's autoroute almost the whole way. Getting to the hotel was a bit more tricky. Got confused by some slightly odd junctions, but that might say more about our navigation skills than Dijon roads.

Once there though, the car park was a good size. Lots of disabled spots.
Two doors into the reception area. Check in was polite, quick and the staff very helpful with advice about getting into the centre of Dijon.

The rooms were a nice size. We had a king room and an accessible king room. The biggest issue was that one of the rooms did not have working aircon. This was in the middle of the European heatwave. So one room was icy cold - in a gloriously nice way. The other was stale and sticky. So two of us slept well, the other two didn't. The issue with the aircon was reported to reception. They said it would be fixed but it never was.

The journey into the centre of town is best down on the tram - which was a very straight forward way of doing it. There is a tram stop right outside the hotel and no change is required to get you to the centre.

Didn't get a chance to eat there or use the pool. Both may and been nice, and if the rest of the hotel was anything to go by, then they probably were.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DrPaulT
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We stayed here for one night in July on our way to our holiday location. I picked this hotel as I thought it would be above standard, based on the pictures and my past experiences with Holiday Inn all over the world.

Parking is in front of the hotel and there are plenty of spaces available. I don't think it is a secured parking lot, but am not sure. It is located out of town, next to a shopping center that was closed as it was a Sunday.

Check-in was fairly fast and the receptionist was very friendly and professional.

We had a room on a top floor which was quite small, the beds are smaller than I am used to in e.g. the Hilton Doubletree. The room looked a bit tired, with stains on the carpet and damage to the wooden furniture.

The bathroom was tiny with a shower curtain over a bath tube (really? I thought these things were phased out years ago!). The water pressure was weak and temperature was not stable. There were plenty of towels available for a family with two kids.

The airconditioning was not properly working and couldn't get the room to a pleasant temperature, so it was a warm night. Additionally, there was a sort of blue light on the inside of the room for our window which prevented us from keeping the curtains open to get some fresh air in.

The swimming pool is tiny and the pictures on the website don't do the real size justice. It was also extremely crowded, as it was a very hot day. There are a number of chairs, etc. so you can sit outside in the yard.

Breakfast was good, with plenty of choices and fresh orange juice. Staff again was very friendly and accommodating.

I would not consider this hotel for a future stay. We paid approx. 180 euro for a double room and I think this was not worth the money.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dutch D
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dijon, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Hi FlyinDutch,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I'm pleased to know you liked the friendliness of our staff and the breakfast items we serve. On the other hand, I'm so sorry that the condition of your room and and the air-conditioner was not to your liking. I'm also sorry that the size of our pool fell short of your expectations. We work very hard to make sure that our facilities and services are outstanding and the feedback you left will help us improve the areas that needs attention.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I really liked this hotel, lots of free parking in a nice out of town area next to a large (and very good) mall.
A tram stops right outside the hotel which will take you straight into Dijon centre.
Few things I didn’t like, the air con is weak in the rooms, the bar is EXTREMELY expensive (17 Euro for a large Chardonnay)
The pillows are wafer thin and no extras where provided.
We would stay again, possible in two weeks time on our way back north

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Used this hotel as a family (2 adults and 2 under 5’s) twice as a stop-over on a Calais to the South and France (and then return) journey. The hotel was fairly easy to find and has parking (controlled by a barrier) outside the front. The hotel is located next to a new shopping centre, so whilst the hotel has its own restaurant, there are lots of other choices (literally) right next door. The Check-in on both occasions was swift and efficient. The room was ok, fairly modern and in reasonable decorative order, although a little on the small side. The bathroom was modern and basic, but the over-the-bath shower was really powerful. Our rooms on both occasions were facing the front of the hotel and were very quite quiet (even with the window open) - although it’s worth noting that if you face the car park, this is a popular ‘overnight’ hotel, so people leave early for their journey and some can be noisy when packing their cars for an early start...(just our own experience from the first night we stayed). We paid for breakfast (as we were offered a reduced rate) the first time we stayed and whilst the restaurant environment was ok, sadly the food wasn’t. Don’t get me wrong, there was lots of choice, it’s just that the quality was poor - hard/rubbery croissants, cheap bread, and the food that was supposed to be ‘hot’ was cold. That said, the juice was nice (it said it was ‘Tropicana’) and my wife said the coffee wasn’t bad either. It was so bad though, we didn’t pay for breakfast on our second stay - even though we were offered it for just €15 (total) for the 4 of us. All in all, there aren’t that many hotels of this star rating near the autoroute (pretty much exactly half way down through France), so a good find, just arrange your own breakfast for the morning after...

Trip type: Travelled with family