Lowest prices for your stay
US$123
Free cancellation until 04/12/21
Hotels.comUS$123
PricelineUS$123
eDreamsUS$123
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2018

Found this hotel to be nice and right next to a shopping complex so lots of choice of places to eat if you didn't fancy eating in the expensive restaurant. There were a couple of little issues, the main tall lamp had no bulbs in and the wardrobe strobe light didn't work so it was fairly dark using the wardrobe but apart from this, the room was okay. The food in the restaurant in the morning was pretty rough, being a vegetarian probably helped as I didn't have to worry about the cold cooked bacon and sausages that were still being kept slightly warm (more like chilled), buy hubby wasn't impressed and had to spit out the cold bacon and sausages, the scrambled egg was very wet and very cold, so stuck to a bowl of cereal with not so cold milk, very disappointing. Most of the staff seemed fairly friendly and spoke pretty good English although on our leaving we had a member of staff that couldn't speak English only enough to say 4 euro tax to pay. Not our usual experience when dealing with a Holiday Inn, won't be staying here again or recommending it to anyone.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank D0risim0
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dijon, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2018

Hello D0risim0,

Thanks for sharing feedback about your most recent stay. Although I am pleased to see your kind comments regarding our hotel to be nice and the staff to be efficient, I am sorry that the breakfast food selection fell below your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will serve as an encouragement, as we continuously strive to improve the quality of services offered to our guests.

Once more, thanks for leaving your thoughts and despite some setbacks, I hope you give our hotel another chance to welcome you back soon.

Regards,

Dianne L
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on way to Milan to have the legal break from driving.
I am a big fan of HI’s as they are normally good value....
Although things did not start the best as I got double charged.... I have to say I had the best sleep in a long run with easy access to Dijon town centre.
I personally want to thank Sakomba our night receptionist who took my rather angry approach to the double charge with absolute grace and handled it in proper trooper peace keeping style... a total gem of a gentleman!
And also Cordelia your duty manager the morning after , who solved my issues in 5 min and treated me literally like a princess....
Keep the good work!! We will be back!
Highly recommended hotel!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ildikov2015
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Only stayed 1 night but welcome was lovely, free car park, room well furnished and equipped, restaurant served me in the bar so I could see the football (!) and breakfast very good.

Only slight negative, and it's not the hotel's fault, is the neighbouring mall and restaurant complex is closed all day Sunday in French style so it's not the most exciting place to be on that day!

Recommended.

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank JulianGent
Reviewed 22 September 2018

This was our first stop on a trip down to Italy.

Getting to Dijon is very easy from the UK. It's autoroute almost the whole way. Getting to the hotel was a bit more tricky. Got confused by some slightly odd junctions, but that might say more about our navigation skills than Dijon roads.

Once there though, the car park was a good size. Lots of disabled spots.
Two doors into the reception area. Check in was polite, quick and the staff very helpful with advice about getting into the centre of Dijon.

The rooms were a nice size. We had a king room and an accessible king room. The biggest issue was that one of the rooms did not have working aircon. This was in the middle of the European heatwave. So one room was icy cold - in a gloriously nice way. The other was stale and sticky. So two of us slept well, the other two didn't. The issue with the aircon was reported to reception. They said it would be fixed but it never was.

The journey into the centre of town is best down on the tram - which was a very straight forward way of doing it. There is a tram stop right outside the hotel and no change is required to get you to the centre.

Didn't get a chance to eat there or use the pool. Both may and been nice, and if the rest of the hotel was anything to go by, then they probably were.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DrPaulT
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We stayed here for one night in July on our way to our holiday location. I picked this hotel as I thought it would be above standard, based on the pictures and my past experiences with Holiday Inn all over the world.

Parking is in front of the hotel and there are plenty of spaces available. I don't think it is a secured parking lot, but am not sure. It is located out of town, next to a shopping center that was closed as it was a Sunday.

Check-in was fairly fast and the receptionist was very friendly and professional.

We had a room on a top floor which was quite small, the beds are smaller than I am used to in e.g. the Hilton Doubletree. The room looked a bit tired, with stains on the carpet and damage to the wooden furniture.

The bathroom was tiny with a shower curtain over a bath tube (really? I thought these things were phased out years ago!). The water pressure was weak and temperature was not stable. There were plenty of towels available for a family with two kids.

The airconditioning was not properly working and couldn't get the room to a pleasant temperature, so it was a warm night. Additionally, there was a sort of blue light on the inside of the room for our window which prevented us from keeping the curtains open to get some fresh air in.

The swimming pool is tiny and the pictures on the website don't do the real size justice. It was also extremely crowded, as it was a very hot day. There are a number of chairs, etc. so you can sit outside in the yard.

Breakfast was good, with plenty of choices and fresh orange juice. Staff again was very friendly and accommodating.

I would not consider this hotel for a future stay. We paid approx. 180 euro for a double room and I think this was not worth the money.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dutch D
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dijon, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Hi FlyinDutch,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I'm pleased to know you liked the friendliness of our staff and the breakfast items we serve. On the other hand, I'm so sorry that the condition of your room and and the air-conditioner was not to your liking. I'm also sorry that the size of our pool fell short of your expectations. We work very hard to make sure that our facilities and services are outstanding and the feedback you left will help us improve the areas that needs attention.

Anthony M