Kyriad Dijon - Gare
US$207
US$113
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Du Palais(Dijon)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$222
  • Restaurant
Les Deux Chevres(Gevrey-Chambertin)
US$217
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2010

My 20 year old daughter and another young lady travelled from Newcastle to Dijon as they are studying at the university for 6 months. As they were due to arrive in Dijon fairly late in the evening, they booked a room at this hotel and planned to go to the university the next day to sort out their accommodation. On the morning after their arrival, the girls asked the hotel staff if they could leave their very heavy bags/cases at the hotel for an hour or two until they found their way to the university and sort out their student accommodation. The staff refused permission for them to do this saying that the bagage room was full! This meant that the girls were forced to carry their luggage all over Dijon trying to find the universit,y in very hot weather, resulting in them being very upset and ending up with blisters and strained muscles.
I hope the staff concerned read this review and improve their customer service. It does not cost anything to be helpful or to go that extra mile. I would imagine that it would not have been that hard to find a corner somewhere for the luggage to be stored for a short while.
My husband and I and other members of the family and friends will be visiting Dijon in the next few months, however, none of us will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mam001
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Whilst the hotel qnd the roo, were clean and comfortable enough, we did not get good night's sleep. Throughout the night there was a lot of noise from the street outside - there must be club or something because there were people talking loudly at regular intervals until at least 6 am.

The Kyriad chain has cottoned on to the fact that British and American travellers like tea and coffee making facilities in their rooms, but provide only paper cups, one (!) tea bag and one sachet of coffee in a double room. I've encountered this in other Kyriads too. I wouldn't stay don't stay here, but if you do, ask for a room that doesn't overlook the street.

Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 22 October 2009

Our stay at the Hotel Kyriad Gare in Dijon was good. For backpackers, the location is ideal and is reasonably priced. The rooms are modest and they are comfortable. The bathroom is no lesser or greater than any other in the usual chain of hotels that we have stayed at previously.

The service during the day was good, and the both of us enjoyed the town and surrounding areas of Dijon immensely. All was great until we had to get up at approximately 5:30 am to catch a train to our next destination. To our behest, our room had no power. We called the front desk, but as per usual the night porter knew absolutely no English. So I proceeded to haul him up to our room to demonstrate the situation, but was met with a shrug of the shoulders. Certainly not good publicity for a hotel. The hot water was also heated by electricity, so it was a navy shower that morning. Not impressed at all.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2009

We stayed for just one night on a company trip. The corporate booked us there, while the top executives slept at the 4-start Sofitel round the corner, which is really gracious.

I do not usually stay at that kind of hotels. I left the company party early, to make sure I could check-in early. The 'lobby' was reeking of chlorine from the adjacent pool. The guy at front desk looked and behave like he could not be bothered. I had been allocated a twin room, and asked for a double, which alledgedly were unavailable. At that time of check-in, I was extremely surprised, but was not in the mood to start a fight.

The room was ... Well ! I did not hotel rooms could be that small. Think match box. 2 tiny beds for smurfs (I stand over 6' tall). Probably refurbished a few years ago, the finish of the walls was so 1960 ! I do not care about LCD TV sets.I want decent sized comfortable beds. Bathroom was compact, and steam would heavily build-up from a short shower.

Their idea of cleaning is probably vacuuming the middle of the room, but not getting to close to the walls. May be they are afraid of scratching the lovely paint. To my standards, it was not clean. Bathroom seals (tiles) were moldy. Decent bath fixtures, though. I aws happy I had packed some sleepers.

Can't comment about breakfast. The idea of coffee and stale croissants in a chlorine scented room was just more than I could envision.
And I was too busy to check out, and worried to miss my train.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2007

I had to stay in Dijon for 2 1/2 weeks on a tight budget, booked at the last minute. Under those circumstances this was a pretty good find, 40 pounds per night including breakfast, not bad given the price of other available hotels in Dijon at the time, especially considering the convenient location and the recent renovations. Though if you can pay a little more and book farther in advance, you could probably find better.

Incidentally, there's another Kyriad hotel (Dijon Centre) very close to this one, down the main street facing the train station--this one is down the street to the right from the train station. Initially I went to the wrong hotel. I got the impression that one might be slightly nicer.

The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful. I had a prepaid voucher and there were no problems with that. When I first arrived they'd put me in a small room in the top floor with slanting roof, a dark hallway only accessible by the elevator not by the regular stairs (only emergency stairs on alarm); I found it rather claustrophobic and asked to be moved to another room on a lower floor, which they did immediately. It was a small single facing the back. The furnishings and bathroom were new, nothing too fancy but decent quality. Same for the breakfast buffet, I was perfectly content eating there each morning. The pool was a pleasant amenity. I was occasionally bothered by noise from conversation in the hallway (amazing how some people don't stop to consider that there are other people staying in the place, and you can hear everything just on the other side of the door), but facing the back I didn't have noise from the street. The Wifi was working fine when I was there, and free which is great. It's a popular hotel with large groups, so if you arrive or leave at the wrong moment you might find yourself fighting through crowds (though thankfully they use a different room at breakfast).

With a bigger budget and looking farther in advance I would choose a more upscale place, but for the occasion I felt this was a good find, and I wasn't uncomfortable staying for so long.

Stayed: March 2007