Let's first mention that we heard of Relais Bernard Loiseau many times and always positively, hence high expectations.
Well, how put it...It was just a fantastic week end. To satrt with, rooms (ours was on a terrace on the garden) are nice, spacious and cosy. I am not 100% convinced with the seventies look of the big and nice bathroom but my wife was.
Common rooms (living rooms, library etc) are nicely furnished and welcoming fires are burning in the two chemneys (we wondered how they kept them burn as I 'm always busy keeping ours alive...).
But then came the first dinner....Just an amazing experience: a fairy tale from the beginning till the end. Mises en bouche that are delicate and finely tasty, a fish on schalots bed that is just wonderfull followed by lamb with an onion- how to put it? - we just never ever ate such a wonderfull onion- the cheese was very good -though may be not the utter best we ever had- and then the deserts were just the icing on the cake: FORMIDABLES: I had BL's favourite chokolate ice & biscuit on orange sauce...just mervelous and my wife a fscinating artistic cube that was hiding a pinapple "emulsion"...
Next day and next dinner we had BL's mervelous "ris de veau et purée à la truffe " and my wife had an extarordinary desert: a pear that actualy was made out of fine sugar icing perfumed with a subtil japanese spice I unfortunately forgot the name of- with mervelous pear pieces + emulsion on a divine biscuit...
To make a long story short, Relais BL is certainly not the cheapest way of spending a week-end, but it definitely is woth every penny spent: just an unforgetable trip in French "savoir-vivre"....I must add that Dominique Loiseau spends much time with every guest and is a delicious hostess...I forgot about the wonderfull breakfast in the historic room that had welcome under many others, Churchill, Poincaré, Rita Hayworth, Mitterand, Chirac and so many others...Now one understands why...But don't feel intimidated by the roaring ferraris that stop in front of the Relais: Dominique Loiseau certainly knows haow to make everybody feel at home...and this, definitely is an achievement! As we say in french..."Chapeau, Madame Loiseau", it is a great success!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel belongs to the prestigious Relais & Châteaux network of independent hotels and offers luxurious accommodation in delightful surroundings.Relais Bernard Loiseau features 32 spacious and luxurious rooms and suites, a library room with a chimney for quiet and peaceful evenings in the wintertime, a billiard room with French billiard, an outdoor swimming pool and a spa in order to make your stay as relaxing as possible.Enjoy the hotel’s privileged location to discover a region with a tremendous cultural and culinary heritage. The current seminar rooms are complemented by the seminar space "LA VILLA LOISEAU DES SENS" (the new 1,500m² wellness complex on 4 levels hosts a range of water activities) that can accommodate up to 80 persons. "The Villa Loiseau des Sens" also welcomes a new restaurant Loiseau des Sens to meet all budgets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Relais Bernard Loiseau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Relais Bernard Loiseau Hotel Saulieu
- Le Relais Bernard Loiseau Saulieu