Le Relais Bernard Loiseau
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Auberge du Morvan(Alligny en Morvan)
La Morvandelle(Montsauche-les-Settons)
Auberge de l'Atre(Quarre-les-Tombes)
  • Free Internet
L'Auberge fleurie(Bourgogne-Franche-Comte)
View Hotel
Hotel Golf Chateau de Chailly(Chailly-sur-Armancon)
Ici M'aime(Rouvray)
Hotel du Nord(Quarre-les-Tombes)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsamuse bouchehotel gardenprivate patiolovely hotellovely bedroomsmall towngastronomic experienceextensive wine lista lovely stayspacious roomtop floormichelin stardiscovery packagesouth of franceblwinesburgundy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The Relais is a rambling property surrounding beautiful varied gardens with lots of interesting corners and changes of scenery. Lovely spa with indoor plunge pool and outdoor swimming pool.... Rooms are rustic style but with lots of luxury bits and pieces.... Hotel needs a decent WiFi Internet system... Otherwise... perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The hotel is beautifully decorated and the rooms generously sized and immaculately presented. The staff were helpful, friendly and welcoming, with an especially warm welcome from Mme Loiseau. Of course this place is all about the food, which was memorable and well worth the trip. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stayed for one night and were treated as long lost friends on arrival. They could not do enough for us, our comfort was their whole purpose. The food was sublime. Well worth every penny.

Room Tip: We had room number 1 and over looked the garden, quiet and a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed at the Le Relais Bernard Louiseau resort for one evening and also enjoyed dinner at their restaurant. The restaurant, which has 3 micheline stars, did not disappoint, food, atmosphere, and service were all wonderful and this is truly a world class dining experience. The hotel on the other hand was not up to the same standard. This is not to say that it is in way bad. On the contrary it was indeed a wonderful experience but there were a few things that were missing. Number one is they really don't have a concierge. Perhaps they don't feel they need one, but if your going to call yourself a five star resort I don't see how you can get away with not offering that level of service. We also spent some time at their pool which is situated amongst some very well taken care of gardens. There are towels and lounges and umbrellas for guest use, but not once during our 2 hours of poolside lounging did anyone from the hotel come by to see how we were doing. No food or beverages are offered here. I get the sense that this hotel is more like an Inn where the restaurant is really the centerpience of the experience and the Inn offers a quiet, luxurious setting where one can relax. I would certainly return to the Bernard Loiseau, and I woujld recommend that others do as well, I only felt it appropriate to point out some minor shortcomings which I feel the educated traveler should be aware of in advance.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gumdoc45
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We had a 2-night getaway at Relais Bernard Loiseau, based on the small distance from Paris, but mostly on its reputation. I can't believe I stayed at the same place as the 2 previous reviewers.

Reservation and special arrangements were made 2 months ahead of stay over the phone with a charming attendant who took well over 30 minutes to describe the different rooms, which ones I could prefer, what I would like to get, when I would like to get it. It was real customization.
We added an extra night on top of the suite package, in a Junior Suite.

We turned at 8.30pm on a friday night. There was no staff fighting over helping us take the luggage out of the car. But once we actually got inside the hotel, welcome was warm, and valet took the car away (foc), only to park it in front of the door the next morning.

The Junior Suite we had on the top floor was actually a duplex, with the main floor (dressing room, toilet and bathroom) just out of a good renovation. Stunning execution. The final result is beautiful, modern, crisp while blending in with the ancient tiles on the floor. It is true that the towels were not the biggest I encountered, but it is now standard policy to put just a couple, and let the customer ask for more, which I did, and which were delivered every day at every service. Penny saving dressed as environment conscience, I know, but that's just the way it is.
Very quiet environment, looking over the courtyard. I was not even aware that some accomodations were facing either street -I am surprised.

Part of the amenity was waiting for us in the room. Another part was brought up while we were out for dinner. The last part of the amenity was brought up before dinner on the second day ; the could upgrade the local bubbly (even if it is a selection from the sommelier) for some "real" stuff I think, but that's the only minor I would put. Requesting for something to nibble, the server brought a selection of canapés we were to have again at dinner.

Dinner was outstanding. I am not interested in experiencing spectacular dining the type of Blumenthal's Fat Duck. Not for me.
Here is served the quintessential classical french cuisine. Just amazing ingredients, educated creativity, faultless execution. We are used to Michelin 3-star restaurants. We had a great, and I men a really GREAT time. Service is perfect, if not in a hurry. No attitude, just the right amount of friendliness. They never pushed us to overspend ; we were on a package, which included the 7-course discovery meal, a bottle of Deutz Champagne, a bottle of Chablis, and a bottle of red Pommard, plus bottled water and coffee. A bargain in our view.

We were not thrilled by breakfast. It is good ans tasty, but not decadent, and in our experience the only sub-par bit in an overall outstanding experience.

All the staff goes the extra step to please you. They always use the perfect tone, the right attitude. One morning, the sommelier spent 30 minutes of his time making a vineyard itinerary for us to buy wines in the afternoon.

We would definitely return any time to this Relais & Chateaux, which is the perfect experience of a countryside auberge, modernized, remote from any wannabe dusty castle experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple