Inter-Hotel Chaptal
  • Pool
Bellevue(Amboise)
Le Choiseul(Amboise)
View Hotel
All reviewsbudget hotelfree parkingpastriesgreat buffet breakfastshort walktourist officestaff was friendly and helpfulhard boiled eggscentral locationloire valleywi fiquiet streetenjoyed our stayrental carexcellent locationboxerluggage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The room was clean. The service was good. The hotel is in the downtown of Amboise. We walked to buy foods. It is also near the castles. The public parking is about 5 minutes walk. The area is nice, safe, and clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BangkokSachse
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel is a few steps away from the main restaurants and attractions (Chateau D’Amboise and Clos Lucé), and has a very good price. Like many hotels in France, there’s no elevator, so be prepared to carry your luggage up the stairs. My room was tiny, but had enough room for a comfortable queen size bed and a nice desk. It was more than fine, since I was alone. The bathroom is also small, but modern and clean.
The lady in the front desk was always super nice, friendly and solved any issues I had.
Although the website says it has free wi-fi, it didn’t work at all.
Considering price, location, comfort and service, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Consider the weight of the luggage.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here as part of a group tour. My room was small but clean and quiet. The breakfast was fine, with the typical fare but nothing special. The location was nice for exploring Amboise, which is a small town anyway. I could not get the wifi to work in my room, and since they close and lock the lobby in the evening I could not go downstairs to see if I could get a connection there. The staff/owners were not very friendly or helpful, in fact I never saw any of them smile once during our stay. They just seemed to want us to go to our rooms and stay out of their way. I just felt our group was not very welcome at the hotel.

My advice is to try to find another place to stay first, but if nothing in Amboise is available, this place will do for a short stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed in a large room with private bath. Was very comfortable. Wifi was quite sketchy and had to go to another part of hotel to get logged in, but then could go back to the room to use computer. Located right downtown near the river. Parking is at a premium and had to pay. Staff friendly and helpful. Overall, we were pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Not too many great, or for that matter, terrible things to mention. Simply happens to be an acceptable budget-minded option (amongst very few---esp. during the off-season) in this strategically-located market town on the Loire.
It's sole strengths would be the RELATIVE low price + central location. The facilities and amenities are, simply put, quite "institutional" --- Lacks the "character" one might expect in such a quaint/historic locale.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family