“I want to live here”

Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Amboise
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Fantastic cafe, patisserie, chocolatier and place to watch the world go by. The waitress explained what the various pastries were in excellent English so we could make our choice - very difficult of course. They specialise in hot chocolate - of course- but their coffee was delicious and everything was done with great style. So many temptations and so little time to enjoy them. It is always busy and once you have tried their specialities it is easy to see why. I want to live here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We visited this chocolate shop while in Amboise, as it was highly recommended by our tour guide. The chocolate was fabulous and we ended up bringing several boxes back to the US for family. Our tour guide claimed it was the "best in France". This quaint shop has been run by family for over 100 years and is full of history and tradition. A stop is definitely in order while in Amboise!!!

Reviewed 2 February 2013

Grab some chocolates to take away and munch on, as you walk up the hill to Chateau Amboise. Terrific. From the door of Bigot, you have a great view of the chapel on the cliff where Leonardo da Vinci is buried.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I tried Bigot for breakfast on my last day in Amboise because I could no longer resist the temptation. I was not disappointed! Breakfast was good but on the pricey side. I tried the basic breakfast with juice, coffee and/or hot chocolate, pastries, bread, butter/jam. This breakfast option was about 10 Euros but the quality of the food was well worth the price. I must admit that the real reason why I decided to try Bigot was to purchase some sweets to take home. I bought a panettone, a few chocolates, and a small bag of salted caramels. All of these items were excellent! I would recommend trying this place, if not for breakfast, for the chocolates, sweets, and pastries. YUMMY!

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Again, the help was patient and helpful. The treats were astonishing. We stood around and watched the locals as they came and went, then repeated the words they used to order the things that looked good. Coffee was excellent! Clean, warm on a cold rainy day..